Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

What did you do? 12.4 update???? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jerseydave
Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:34:30 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I opened TC up a few minutes ago and it updated.......

Lovely, I LOST ALL MY SET UPS

I HAVE TO START OVER FROM SCRATCH........

GOOD JOB FOLKS

Putt4Dough
Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:53:49 PM

All my stuff is still there, so you may want to contact technical support.

Before you do that, though, you may want to take a closer look.

Fyi, if you're looking for your workspaces, they're now called "layouts". Desktops are now called "layout groups".

READ THE !@#$%& RELEASE NOTES :)

StockGuy
Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:59:29 PM

Administration

Click File > Layout History.  The layout or layout group you were running before should be in that list.

stevenhahn
Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:18:00 AM

Have the same problem.  No the layout is in history.  The earliest layout in history is after the update.  I even tried it.  Already working to put the layout back.  It seems that the tabs are what is missing.  The layout of windows is still fine.

Putt4Dough
Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:36:20 AM

Interesting.

I haven't even tried Layout History because it makes sense that the earliest layouts there would be those after the update.

To get to my "pre-update" layouts I just do File > Open Layout, and the "Select a Layout" dialog appears. Just now I opened a layout that I haven't touched since August and it looks just the way I left it.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:46:39 AM

Worden Trainer

If you are not able to get the proper layout restored, please contact technical support.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
stevenhahn
Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:27:22 AM

That was it!  It was in saved Layouts.  Not in History.  All back the way I want it.  I do think it would be nice to have the update not change things like that.  I'm new to v12 and still finding my way around.  

Thanks Putt4Dough.  You saved me a lot of time and showed me how to fix it next time it happens.

Putt4Dough
Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:43:01 AM

Glad to help.

Since Layout History is a new feature I just figured it would capture history going forward, but there's no real easy way to go back and recreate history after the fact, so yeah - I would recommend trying File > Open Layout first.

I'm a computer programmer, so reading Release Notes is second nature to me, but reading them is a good habit for anyone to get into, especially with software like TC2000 that is constantly being updated.

Having said that, this particular update is nice but potentially confusing. We could've used a heads-up via email (maybe Worden did and I just missed it).

The only reason I didn't freak out myself when this update occurred is because I was playing with the beta version lately so I knew what to expect. But not everyone tries the beta, so like I said, Worden might have done a little better job communicating this particular update.