Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TC2000 and Windows 8 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
yappernj
Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:55:28 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Windows 8 apparently does not have a "compatability mode" like Win 7 does. Will there be an update to TC2000 so it can run on Windows 8?

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:57:56 AM

Worden Trainer

I use all versions of TC2000 on Windows 8 without any issues at all. Then again, while I don't use it for TC2000, my copy of Windows 8 definitely seems to allow me to run specific apps in compatibilty mode.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
yappernj
Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:23:02 PM

Thanks for the reply. I just want to be clear on this because I will be replacing my aging XP machine soon. I've been reading about XP programs and their potential incompatability with Windows 8. As I mentioned in the original post, Win 8, unlike Win 7, does not have an XP Compatability Mode.

I've done some research on this and many tech websites are talking about having to run old XP programs in a virtual mode on Win 8 machine using VMware-Player or Hyper-V, which comes with Win 8. One would have to install and run a virtualized Windows XP on the Win 8 box and then run the XP legacy progams (TC2K V7) that way.

But, if i understood you correctly, what you said was that you've run TC2000 version 7 on a Windows 8 PC and it ran without any problems? Please confirm this, because the alternative of virtualizing XP is a much more complex solution than a direct install.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:43:44 PM

Worden Trainer

Yes, I am running TC2000 version 7 on a Windows 8 PC without using any virtualization or compatibility mode settings. I'm running 64-bit Windows 8 Pro with Media Center.

As to compatibility mode, I can right-click on an executable in Windows Explorer and select Properties to get a Compatibility tab that will allow me to select everything from Windows 95 through Windows 7 compatibility modes (including Windows XP SP2 and Windows XP SP3). There is a Compatibility Troubleshooter which will automatically attempt to determine the best mode to use for any given program.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
yappernj
Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:13:42 PM

That's great, Bruce!  Thanks for the confirmation.

arveramos1
Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 4:29:13 PM

thks, i can not open several windows tc2000 in a window 8 plataform please HELP

Jessica_R
Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 10:41:16 AM

Worden Staff

averamos1,

You have posted this is the Version 7 discussion thread,  however, I believe you are referring to Version 12.4. 

The floating windows feature only works in the desktop application. If you are logging in at www.TC2000.com, you will not get the option to float windows. 

Floating Windows