Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TC2000 Android Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
kenlong
Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2012 2:46:25 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I just downloaded the mobile Android version and I have the same problem I had when I first downloaded TC2000. All the watchlists and templates are imported from my existing platform and the two have different uses and abilities. Is there a way to edit the watchlists and templates in the Android version and create specific templates and watchlists for this platform? The problem is the watchlists and templates from my computer were created to search for and analyze positions and are too much for a mobile app. The mobile app needs a simple watchlist and chart setup to watch existing and potential positions for signals. Also, it could use an alert system and the ability to place signal lines on a chart. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 10:03:52 AM

Worden Trainer

The TC2000 version 12.2, TC2000 for Tablets and TC2000 Mobile applications all access the same data and settings. They differ primarily in the amount of functionality they offer and the size of screen for which they are designed. There is currently no way to setup completely different settings for each product.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
kenlong
Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 6:01:33 PM

So far the watchlists are not a big problem. Its easy to create specific lists and we are offered a menu to choose from. However, the Templates on the mobile app are difficult to use. There's no easy way to choose the one for mobile use, and lock it in. The indicator box on the bottom seems like it requires half the screen. All I want are some simple volume bars, and I've tried adjusting the size on the box on tc2000, but on the mobile app it just jumps between half the screen and nothing. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:10:33 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been assigned case number 8319.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
kenlong
Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:39:11 PM

Thanks, I've been editing my TC2000 watchlists and templates and this makes a big difference. I dont find I use all the features of TC2000 Android. Its a mobile app and I dont use it for analysis, scanning, and sorting. I do this work at home on my computer and I use it to check on and watch open and potential positions. 

I've found that by editing and cleaning my watchlists I really only use two lists, a priority/attention list and my favorites list. This works fine and I like that whatever I do on TC2000 automatically shows on the Android version. Likewise I've edited and cleaned my templates to function better.The Android version really only needs something simple, Price and Volume works fine, or just Price alone for Forex.

The only real problem I cant find an easy solution for is the indicator panel. It takes up half the screen and I cant seem to reduce it. Changing the size on TC2000 doesnt affect it. Its an all or nothing situation. 

This is a beautiful app. Better than any other mobile charting that I've seen. Thanks.

kenlong
Posted : Saturday, August 4, 2012 6:05:21 PM

TC2000 Android is working out well. As mentioned, the indicator window only has one size, and this is a bit of a problem. Mobile phones have two perspectives, vertical and horizontal, and the charting doesnt change zoom or size of indicator window when the platform changes. This distorts the price graph. The current indicator window uses half the screen. This works well for the vertical position, but not in the horizontal position. A simple price chart with no indicator works well in the horizontal position, but not in the vertical position. Simply changing the zoom with horizontal or vertical position might help with this. Many apps work like this. When reading I can tilt the phone to the side to read a full line rather than scrolling.  

Also, I've noticed that moving averages tend to distort the price graph as well. If the moving average extends beyond the extremes of price the chart window will size to the moving average rather than price. This shrinks the price graph, again distorting perspective and readability. 

Thanks, Ken

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, August 6, 2012 8:28:34 AM

Worden Trainer

I have appended your additional observations, concerns and suggestions to the origanal case.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles