Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Volume st Price Indicator Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
sgolfer
Posted : Monday, November 7, 2011 2:03:13 PM
Can someone tell me when the indicator says positive volume at a price what is the positive volume based on? Is it saying there are more buyers at that volume? If yes, what I don't get is that every trade has a buyer and a seller, so how is it reflecting more positive volume? More positive volume verses what?
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 7, 2011 2:10:55 PM

Worden Trainer

The Volume at Price Indicator looks at the visible price bars in the Time Frame of the chart upon which it is plotted. The volume in the Volume at Price Indicator is green if the net change for the bar from which the volume is contributed is greater than or equal to zero and red if the net change is less than zero. All of the volume for a bar is attributed to the closing price of that bar.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
sgolfer
Posted : Monday, November 7, 2011 8:57:57 PM
Bruce, I am still not grasping this completely. Could you provide a simple example? I am not sure what you mean by net change from zero? Thank you.
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:24:07 AM

Worden Trainer

Let's say there are four bars visible on the chart.

The first bar has a price of 5.25, a volume of 100 and the previous bar had a price of 5.20. This would put 100 green volume at the 5.25 price point. It does this because the Net Change is positive (it was up .05).

The second bar also has a price of 5.25 and a volume of 200. This would put 200 green volume at the 5.25 price point because the Net Change was zero (it was the same value as the previous bar).

The third bar has a price of 5.30 and a volume of 200. This would put 200 green volume at the 5.30 because the net change is positive.

The fourth bar drops back to a price of 5.25 and has a volume of 50. This would put 50 red volume at the 5.25 price point because the Net Change was negative (it dropped from the previous bar).

So these four price bars combined with their volume would result in two volume at price bars. One of those bars would be green and have 200 volume at the 5.30 price point. The other bar would at the 5.25 with 350 volume. 50 of that volume would be red and 300 of that volume would be green.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
sgolfer
Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 9:22:00 AM
I have noticed that sometimes there are blanks between the bars. What does this mean?
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 9:26:10 AM

Worden Trainer

That no visible bar with volume had a close at that price. In other words, there was no volume at that price.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
cwilp
Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 12:17:25 PM

There is a webinar in the archives that discusses Volume At Price. It is from March 23, 2010.Here is the link to it:http://videos.worden.com/webinars/PriceVolume032310.html