Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Sector Rotation Workspace Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
kyaniroad
Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:21:27 PM
Because of the time difference here in Hawaii, my schedule does not allow for  a 'live' viewing of the webinars. In the sector rotation webinar, the 'sector rotation workspace' was made available to the webinar attendees. Is there a way I could save this to my tc2000 since I can only watch archived versions? Under a different screen name I have been a stockfinder user for many years and have always enjoyed the webinars. But I'm afraid I may never be able to watch one 'live' and therefore will be at a disadvantage if things are only offered to the attendees.

Is there a way you can help with obtaining the sector rotation workspace that was offered in the webinar? Thanks.
cwilp
Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2011 12:00:32 PM

I also am unable to watch ANY webinars live. I am a current subscriber to TC2000 and do not see any logic in offering something to ONLY customers who can attend the live webinars.
tomson10
Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2011 2:00:49 PM

So what's the problem with watching the archive of the webinar that is posted the very next morning?

The sector rotation workspace was left in the Pre-Built Workspaces for 6 days after the webinar as  stated in the webinar. Plenty of time to grab it.

Frankly, I do not see any merit to either one of your complaints.

Putt4Dough
Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 10:36:34 AM

QUOTE (cwilp)
I...do not see any logic in offering something to ONLY customers who can attend the live webinars.

The logic, of course, is to drive attendance to the live webinars. Also, I don't think you have to be a customer to attend the webinars (might be wrong on this one) ... if you're not currently a customer and you're on the fence, they're counting on the limited time availability to "encourage" you to start the 14-day free trial. Once they start the free trial, it's just a numbers game of getting a certain percentage of new folks "hooked".

I'm not saying it's a good or bad idea, but that's my take on the rationale. Personally, I'm a software engineer, not a marketer, so to me that kind of smacks of car salesman pressure tactics.

I can understand counting live eyeballs if you're a site that depends on third-party advertising for revenue. but that's not the case here, so I don't understand it. Maybe there's a new hire in the marketing dept that figures potential customers are more important than current customers.

I attended live and haven't gone back to check the archive, but I believe Michael said at first that they'd only leave the workspaces up during the webinar, then he later said that due to the response they'd leave it up until midnight that evening. It's been awhile, so I'm just going off memory here.
Having said that, it looks like they eventually kept it available for 6 days ... 

QUOTE (tomson10)
So what's the problem with watching the archive of the webinar that is posted the very next morning?

The sector rotation workspace was left in the Pre-Built Workspaces for 6 days after the webinar as stated in the webinar. Plenty of time to grab it.

Frankly, I do not see any merit to either one of your complaints.

I don't recall Michael saying during the webinar that it would be available after midnight that evening, so  anyone watching the archive would not be aware that the workspace would be available for another 6 days.

But like I said, I'm going off memory and I don't really have time to watch the tape ... plus I've been wrong once or twice in my life.

Even if Michael did mention it during the webinar, 6 days really isn't sufficient, as there are at least some folks that still take vacations for a week or so. Not everyone is constantly glued to their trading computers & CNBC.

Last time I checked, Worden was a business, not a non-profit, so I can't fault them for trying new ways to get new customers, as long as they remember their current customers got them where they are.

cwilp
Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 1:12:35 PM

Tomson10,The issue is that as an existing paying customer I would like to have the materials offered in the webinar remain available for me to access at my convenience. I understand if they offer a sale on something or the guest does. But this is merely data - and offered free at that.Then there is history and precedent. They still have postings of materials that were presented over 10 years ago. This being the case, it naturally leads one to expect that trend to continue rather than offer it only for a limited time.If they have changed that policy it will force me to change my schedule to suit their whims. Not that I can not do this but again - it makes no sense to not make this available to paying customers.
sam0127
Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 3:07:02 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I also was unble to watch the webinar during the live broadcast but would really like to copy the worksheet.

CWILP, I agree with everything you said.

TOMSON10, it seems to me that your comments were a little over the top and not well thought out.

I agree that paying customers should have a little more time to save the worksheet than was allocated. It seems like this is very valuable information.
dryfess
Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 7:27:26 PM

Well, I agree with what Tomson10 says.

You must understand that this is not Worden's workspace. It belongs to Jim Farrish. He does this for a living and was very generous in sharing the workspace and Worden was very caring by extending the deadline to the next Monday.

I missed the webinar also, but while watching the posted video, there it was in big bold letters

The Sector Rotation workspace is available in the pre-built library until Monday, Sept. 5th.

So I added it to my collection of workspaces. no problem, plenty of time, thank you.

Sorry, but I do not see the sense of entitlement that you guys expect.

clarke
Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:34:29 AM
"Because thou art virtuous, will there be no more cakes and ale?"I, too, missed a deadline. In my case it was the Bollinger Band presentation workspace. The reason for missing the deadline is irrelevant. I am a customer making a request. I would liked to have an opportunity to get a copy of that workspace. Having suffered by proxy your criticism, I see that I would be wasting valuable electrons, and therefore, should only humbly hope to salvage some residue of benefit from my now slightly diminished TC2000. Is it only me, but is there not the possibility of a new revenue stream in this? That is how to do well by doing good. Leave the moral correction to wives and mothers where it belongs.
Putt4Dough
Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:36:12 PM

I can see both sides, and even though I attended live and saved the workspace, sector rotation is not part of my routine, at least not at the moment, so I'm agnostic on this one.

As for "possibility of a new revenue stream in this", it's only a matter of time ...

<a href='http://i52.tinypic.com/jgskkx.png'>http://i52.tinypic.com/jgskkx.png</a>
douglasjs
Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:57:47 PM
I don't feel entitled to anything, but it would've been nice to access/save this workspace for those of us who are too busy to follow each live webinar, e.g. work, off on vacation, etc.... I'd like to attend each live webinar, but simply do not have the time, so I play catch-up a week or two after the live recording. The whole purpose of an educational archive is to have all materials available when folks have the time to go over them.

Not a complaint, just simply pointing out that everybody works their speculation education/endeavors differently, that's all. Having the workspace available would've been nice instead of just watching the webinar, even though it isn't anything new