Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

StockFinder Build 39 Now Available Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Doug
Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 5:00:15 PM

Worden Staff

======= StockFinder 5.0 build 39 11/3/2010 ========
- Fixed: RealCode conditions that are saved should now correctly load with a reference to price
- Fixed: Refresh Chart should now properly refresh all items
- Fixed: Market Replay should now allow intraday updates to StockFinder Platinum customers
- Fixed: Cleaned up some dialogs that were hard to view on large fonts
- Change: Indicators with Moving Averages can now choose to average the open,high,low or close value

This build corrects bug report cases 2588, 2589, 2596, 2553, 2554, 2594, 2597, 2606, 2613, 2615, and 2627. Other problems may also be corrected due to the fix for Refresh Chart.
jschott
Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:10:21 PM
Doug
It is nice to see this post.  However, these posts usually include the numberic codes for the buts that are fixed - but there is no way for a customer to know that those numbers mean.  It would be nice to know what the bug catalog contains - both fixed and reported but not fixed.

I can see why you might not want to have the unfixed items posted (even if I would benefit your cusomers) but even knowing what they numbers of fixed items would be very helpful.
Doug
Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:45:12 PM

Worden Staff

Those case numbers are bug reports from customers. Each customer was given the case number for their report. Further, support agents will contact them, starting tomorrow, to ensure that the fix has resolved their issue.

We have been assigning case numbers all along but haven't been dilligent in providing customers with this information. We've been working to update our bug reporting database recently and are making a real effort to change how we handle reports.

As we get farther along in the databse upgrade process, I'll find out what is possible for providing further information.

runningdawgcaptlst1
Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:56:18 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

just give us read access to the database - we will run with that   --   
progster
Posted : Friday, November 5, 2010 7:46:14 AM
Paradoxically, the most effective catalyst for a quality improvement  to a product that is not judged as able to stand up to transparency is ...

(drum roll)

Transparency!

One of Worden's major competitors has recently seen the light on this one, putting up a public-facing read/write bug/issue database.

In contrast, the Worden team is so hunkered down that the community is wondering if the lead developer/architect has quit!

Mentioning the numbers of the bugs corrected by a build is a (baby) step in the right direction.
Kuf
Posted : Friday, November 5, 2010 9:35:30 AM

Administration

I haven't quit. I have been busy working.  We're getting ready for the next dev cycle here.

Ken Gilb (Kuf)
Chief Software Engineer - Worden Brothers Inc.
Try/Catch - My RealCode Blog
Winnie
Posted : Friday, November 5, 2010 10:07:22 AM

From an appreciative user, the journey has been and continues to be challenging, thanks for a magnificent program.  Keep plugging to make it even better.

Winnie