Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

transfer PCF to laptop Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
yannik
Posted : Monday, October 4, 2010 5:03:06 AM
Hello guys,

I have TC200 on my own computer at home, and I'd like to use it during my holiday on my laptop. Is there any way to transfer data from one computer to another one ?

Thanks
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, October 4, 2010 9:43:49 AM

Worden Trainer

There are now two options to Backup your settings in TeleChart. You can export settings to a file or to the Worden Server.

Exporting to a file
1. In TeleChart, click File and select Backup/Restore TeleChart Files.
2. Click on the Export tab at the top, and click on 'Click here to Export to a File.'
3. Click OK to the next menu and the export will begin. It will notify you when it is complete.

Note: TeleChart may give an error if you export settings to a location other than a hard drive (ie trying to create a file directly to a floppy drive, zip drive, cd, etc). To work around this, export your settings to a file on the hard drive and then copy the file to your disk.

Backing up personalized settings to the Worden Server:
2. Click on the Export tab at the top, and click on 'Click here to Export To The Worden Server.'
3. You can enter a special name or press OK to accept the default name (which is today's date).
4. Write down the file name saved in Step 3.
5. Click OK when you see the Export Completed button. The settings are now on the Worden Server. Close the program after this is complete.

Restoring settings from a file
1. Click File | Backup/Restore TeleChart Files.
2. Click the Import tab.
3. Click the option “Click here to Import From a File.“
4. Locate your backup file in the right window and click it one time so that it is highlighted.
5. Click the OK button.
6. Click on the 6th line from the top where it says “Import all items from this file.“
7. Click OK when it says Import Complete.
8. Click Close. Your settings will now be restored.

Restoring personalized settings from the Worden Server:
2. Click the Import tab at the top, and select 'Click Here to Import From The Worden Server.'
3. Select the file saved during Step 4 of the backup process and click OK.
4. Click 'Import all items from this file' if you wish to Import everything at once or you can select individual components and Import them one at a time.

Note: TeleChart's Restore function does not synchronize settings. This means it does not remove or replace items to make TeleChart's settings exactly the same on a second computer.

For example, if on Computer 1 you have 'WatchList A' and on Computer 2 you have 'WatchList B', restoring a backup from Computer 1 will result in TeleChart on Computer 2 having 'WatchList A' and 'WatchList B', instead of just 'WatchList A' to match Computer 1.

It is also possible that a restore will result in duplicate settings. For example, if you have 'WatchList A' on both Computer 1 and Computer 2, you may find two separate 'WatchList A' entries. To resolve you can delete or rename one depending on the situation.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles