Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Stan Weinstein PCFS for Phase 4 - Declining Market Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
herbj
Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 12:45:30 PM
I did have Stan Weinstein's PCF for Phase 4, Declining market.  This morning I had a power outage just as I was copying the formula to send to a fellow Knight.   After recovering from the power out, I re-booted.   And the PCF had disappeard.  I still have an Easy Scan with that PCF...but it just says "True" and indicated the number of stocks in the result.

QUESTION:   Do you have the PCF of Stan Weinstein for Phase 4?   I do have the PCF's for phases I and II?

Thank you for your guidance.

Herb J - Sir Cat Herder
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 12:52:51 PM

Worden Trainer

I am not familiar with Stan Weinstein or his methods. That said, you want to take a look at the following topics to review some previous explorations of Weinstein's ideas.

weinstein method formula in TC
Weinstein screen

Another thing you may wish to try is selecting File | Backup/Restore TeleChart Files | PCFs. If the PCF is listed there you may be able to select it, choose the desired revision and then Restore it.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
jbclem
Posted : Sunday, September 5, 2010 2:51:11 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Sir Cat Herder...if you'd care to share your PCFs for phases I and II,III,  and IV if you recover it, I would applaud your generosity.

John
herbj
Posted : Monday, September 6, 2010 10:43:27 AM
Here is what I have for Stan Weinstein's Phases.   I can't even recall where I got them from...but very interesting results.    You might find more information by going to Google and putting in words "Like"  Stan Weinstein formulas  etc.

Stan Phase I

(AVGV2 / AVGV131) > 2.0 AND C > AVGC145 AND AVGC145 > AVGC145.131 AND RSI21.10 > 50 AND (AVGV30 > 2500) AND (C > 10)

Stan Phase II

AVGC > AVGC150 AND AVGV2 / AVGV126 > 2 AND C > MINC21 * 1.20 AND AVGC3.21 <= AVGC150.21 AND AVGC3 > AVGC150 AND AVGV63 * AVGC63 > 200 AND MAXH500 / MINL500 > 2

Stan 50 day MA  -  I don't understand this one..

((C >= 3) AND (RSI30.9 > RSI30.9.5) AND (C > AVGC30.1) AND (V >= (1.2 * AVGV42.1)) AND (AVGV42.1 >= 1000) AND (C > C1) AND (C2 < AVGC30.2) AND (C > MAXH14.3))

Herb J
jimstacy
Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 2:46:05 AM
just nosey , are these formula's used by Stan or some that have been developed by some one after reading the book? 
He was a guest on the Louis R.......(don't remember the spelling) program.
Stan held a national seminar, I believe the first one of its kind, I managed to find  the San Francisco area seminar. there were questions from all the cities watching, when Frisco's time came I ask if he uses P&F charts to project the up and downside objectives. these questions were sent by telephone.
in the order of those ask, he wadded up the note handed to him and glared at the screen. 
If you come accross Stan I would still like to know. LOL From reading the book and watching him 
on various business shows, I'm guessing he studied the  Wyckoff Method of studing the markets.
diceman
Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 9:46:26 AM
"just nosey , are these formula's used by Stan or some that have been developed by some one after reading the book?"

They are from others.

Thanks
diceman
herbj
Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 12:31:17 PM
  I followed Bruce's advice,  (Worden Trainer)....The PCF had disappeard...  Now I am totally confused.   Had it before...and now gone and even gone from my PCF history files.     Well I lost my glasses this morning too.

Bruce...thank you for your guidance. 

Sir Cat Herder...Herb J
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 12:34:50 PM

Worden Trainer

herbj,
If the Personal Criteria Formula has never been altered, deleted  or manually backed up, it may not appear on the list. It is designed more as a history to get back old stuff that you have purposely changed or deleted than as a failsafe mechanism to recover your settings if the program becomes corrupted in some fashion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
herbj
Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 7:28:27 PM
Stan Weintein's Phase IV.

I found this formula on my other computer and exported it to the Worden Server and imported it to my desktop.

This came from an internet source...and I can not remember getting it from a Stan Weinstein direct source...but it does give some creditible results.

(AVGV2 / AVGV131) < 2.0 AND C < AVGC145 AND AVGC145 < AVGC145.131 AND RSI21.10 < 50 AND (AVGV30 > 2500) AND (C > 10)

Herb J - Sir Cat Herder
jimstacy
Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 1:48:43 AM
QUOTE (diceman)
"just nosey , are these formula's used by Stan or some that have been developed by some one after reading the book?"

They are from others.

Thanks
diceman
I wondered if he had made a come back, he was before the computer age. I had studied the Wyckoff method, and didn't find anything new in his book or Business talk shows he spoke. thank you If some one has the interest there was a woman, Kahn had some seminars around that time, she had a hand charted chart from the early 1900s of the dow. it was interesting how price followed the secular trend line. this was a large chart covered the wall area. O'Neil had a smaller chart of the same time.
jbclem
Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 3:57:46 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Sir Cat Herder, thanks for posting the Weinstein formulas.  I've been wanting for a long time to see how his phases work with current stocks.

The woman Kahn mentioned... I think that was Phyllis Kahn, who was very big on W.D. Gann's work back in the days. Unfortunately, I wasn't, so I never read her material,

John
herbj
Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 11:57:59 AM
Thank you too.

Hope it has some benefit for you.

Herb Johnson...Sir Cat Herder