Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Running StockFinder on i5 or i7 Laptop? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Stix
Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2010 5:29:04 PM
Hopefully I'm not too far off topic. Will StockFinder run much faster on the i7 processor versus the i5...specifically in running scans and loading layouts with a number of tabs? Getting ready to buy a new laptop and SF is obviously one of my "go-to" programs. Thanks much for any advice!

Stix
ghanson
Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2010 9:23:34 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I'm running theCore  i7 M-620 @ 2.67 GHz with 4 GB RAM and an nVidia Quadro FX 880M with 1 GB dedicated video RAM.
I don't know how it compare to an i5 but it is significantly faster than my old duo core cpu.  I'm planning to drop in an SSD which should make it go even faster.
ghanson
Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2010 9:24:56 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Oh man, I should have checked my spelling a little more closely before hitting the Post button...
machado
Posted : Sunday, June 13, 2010 5:04:19 PM
QUOTE (ghanson)
I'm running theCore  i7 M-620 @ 2.67 GHz with 4 GB RAM and an nVidia Quadro FX 880M with 1 GB dedicated video RAM.
I don't know how it compare to an i5 but it is significantly faster than my old duo core cpu.  I'm planning to drop in an SSD which should make it go even faster.

Hi ghanson

Can you please quantify significantly faster. If it took 20 min to do a scan with the cor 2 duo does it take 10 min with the I7?

Also does the machine get bogged down after going thu 200 charts?

I to want to get  an I7 Laptop but waiting for one that can run 3 monitors.

Thanks
alindsley
Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 1:03:50 AM

QUOTE (machado)

I to want to get  an I7 Laptop but waiting for one that can run 3 monitors.

Thanks

Check this out from thinkpad Multi-monitor docking options: drive up to six monitors!
http://www.digitaltigers.com/thinkpad.asp?ref=MultiMonitorLaptops&l1=CustomThinkPadsForPowerUsers&l2DockingStationsFor2-6Monitors&gclid=CLeLm-7lnqICFRE95Qod1DRTyg#w701