Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Plotting horizontal lines - pivot, H, L, C Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jfb
Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 9:59:33 PM
I have looked and looked and can't find a simple way to plot horizontal lines on an intraday chart.  I want lines to show the previous day's high, low, and close, as well as standard pivots (R2, R1, P, S1, S2) based on the previous day's HLC, and 52 week H and L.  Any help appreciated. 
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 8:49:33 AM

Worden Trainer

Welcome to the forums. A very good foundation for learning how to use TeleChart can be gained by reviewing the following:

If you are new to TeleChart READ THIS FIRST!

I do not know of a practical automated method of Plotting horizonal Indicators on the Chart in TeleChart. Nor do I know of a practical automated method of calculating Daily Pivot Points in TeleChart and plotting them on an intraday Chart.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
jfh123
Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:26:10 PM
Could it be that, for the first time ever, I can solve something asked of Bruce, instead of asking Bruce to solve something for me? 

If I understand the request correctly, here's my "solution" to plotting any horizontal line: (C>0)*(-1)*18
This assumes you want the horizontal line to be $18.00.  Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to limit it to certain days; it goes across them all, as long as C>0.

You can approximate the 52wk high as MAXH252.

Hope this helps.