Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Using SF to produce custom breadth indicators? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
indextrader9
Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2009 1:48:59 AM
1. Can I use it to show advances-declines of the Russell 3000?
2. So if 1000 stocks are up 2000 are down, I can produce an indicator showing -1000?
3. In real-time? Do I have to press a "refresh" button or is it  "streaming?
4. If all the above are possible, can it also do the same calculations but using last price and today's open? In other words, a breadth indicator using today's OPEN instead of yesterday's close?

Thank you very much!
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:04:58 PM

Worden Trainer

You should be able to Open an attached Indicator directly into a running copy of StockFinder (and save it from within StockFinder if desired).

I've modified the Advance Decline Line Indicator from the Web Library to remove the Cumulative Block and use the Bar Plot Style instead of the Line Plot Style. I also created an alternate version using the Open to Close instead of Net Change.

The calculations use Realtime data, but take way too long for the Indicator itself to be considered Realtime. I've currently set them to re-calculate once every 15-Minutes, but you can left-click on them to bring up the Main tab of the Edit window and adjust the Refresh Rate if desired.

Attachments:
Advance Decline Oscillator.sfInd - 8 KB, downloaded 289 time(s).
Advance Decline Oscillator Open.sfInd - 8 KB, downloaded 302 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
indextrader9
Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:43:34 PM
Thanks very much Bruce.
I've just purchased a new pc to test out the StockFinder platform. As soon as it arrives, I'll test it out using some of the above indicators and will let you know my experience.

Thanks again!
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 1:01:06 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Pularis
Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:15:53 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

I tried the Advance Decline Oscillator Open.sfInd indicator on a watchlist which has 9 ETFs in it, 3 of them were up today and 6 were down but the indicator displays the value of 5 ( Instead of -3 ). Has anyone else tried the above indicator ?
StockGuy
Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:41:38 PM

Administration

I tested the Advance Decline Oscillator Open against the Dow 30 and it correctly shows a value of 14 today.  There were 22 stocks in the down where the Close was greater than the Open and 8 where the Close was less than the Open, for a difference of 14.