Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

% gain since being added to a list Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
surfer94131
Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:32:09 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Trainers, 

I wanted to see if there is anyway to do the following:

I have a large watchlist, that I want to search and find all the stocks in that list that have gone up x% since being added to the watchlist. This is seemingly trival, unless the stock has since dipped below the threshold of x%, and is now below that gain. 

I am looking for the pops of x%, and can't find a simple way to do it, once there is a pullback to below that % gain.

Thanks

Surfer94131
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 8:22:31 AM

Worden Trainer

I do not know of a practical automated method to create this as a Personal Criteria Formula. While it would be possible to write a PCF encompassing a long period of time, it wouldn't calculate for symbols where even part of the formula requires more data than is available. This means you would have to write an entirely different formula for every possible length of time and only use it on symbols with that exact amount of data.

The WatchList Tracking feature could be used to find the Price Percent Change since a symbol was added to the Watchlist, but this would not take into account Price Percent Changes that might have a greater magnitude than the Price Percent Change over the entire period.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles