Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Help needed for Backscanner Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
lacchp
Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:27:33 AM
Good Morning:

May I please get a listing of key strokes that will display the "buy" and "sell" markers using price ( and any other indicators you suggest) under the backscanner program. I've received verbal instructions, but my notes always fail......Also, if there are any videos or other instruction material available, I'd appreciate your pointing it out.

I saw this done at a recent training conducted by Craig in San Diego.

THANKS

Wes
Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2007 10:31:24 AM

Worden Trainer

Click on the ADD STUDY button in the Chart Tool, go to Utilities and select BackScanner Trades. Scale to Price History and choose the second option (selected symbol trades).

- Craig
Here to Help!
lacchp
Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2007 4:35:39 PM
I followed your key instructions and the result I was looking for did not appear. I called the phone support to see what I was doing wrong, and she could not offer a solution. She indicated I should return to this posting.

To make sure I have communicated what I'm intending to do: At the Friday training session in San Diego during a demo of backscanner, the trainer displayed a price chart that had the words "buy" and "sell" at various points. I'm trying to duplicate that display as part of my analysis to determine whether I will maintain my subscription to this service...no need to if I can't learn to use it.

Also, in my earlier post I asked if there were any instructions on backscanner use; and, if so, where can I find. There was no response to this question.

THANKS
Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2007 4:43:17 PM

Worden Trainer

I was your instructor in San Diego.

Were you able to follow the instructions I gave above or did you encounter an error or stalling point?

Did you then create a BackScan and got no buy/sells?

Have you checked out the resources on the BackScanner Site

Your other option is to go to FILE and open the BackScanner Workspace (SnapSheet) from the web library. It already has the action plot on the chart.

- Craig
Here to Help!