Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

hi briuce Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
kucuk_emrah
Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 2:18:15 AM

im looking for divergine macd indicator and i do options short perioud time could you write me formula 

scanner for it pls thnk you 

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, March 15, 2019 9:50:25 AM

Worden Trainer

That really isn't enough information for me to write a formula (especially since we are not allowed to give indicator settings advice).

You would start by creating an unambiguous objective definition of the MACD divergence you are attempting to identify. Searching the forums for MACD Divergence will identify numerous different definitions and varying degrees of success. Many (possibly even most) definitions would result in a formula which is too long and slow to be practical or post in the forums.

Let's start with a fairly simple way to search for a divergence between Price History and a MACD Histogram over the most recent 10-bars.

Click on Price History and select Create Scan Condition. Then select Moving Up from the Condition drop-down menu (Net, % or Smart would do). Then set the Period of the Condition to the number of bars over which you wish to check for a divergence (in this case, 10).

Create Conditions from Your Chart

Then do the same thing with the MACD Histogram indicator, but choose Moving Down instead of Moving Up (you shouldn't use the % version for this since MACD can cross through zero).

You can then add both the Conditions to the same EasyScan. Checking for a divergence where Price History was Moving Down and the MACD Histogram was Moving Up would just be a matter of switching around how you created the Conditions and checking for MACD instead of the MACD Histogram would just be a matter of substituting MACD for MACD Histogram in the instructions.

Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions

I have not found any MACD Divergence scans which can exactly reproduce the traditional comparisons of price versus the MACD at the MACD's local maxima or minima.

About the closest thing I have found are some rather long formulas using the techniques in the Days Since Last Peak (or other day-counting needs) topic to find the value of MACD and price at the most recent local maxima or minima which then checks to see if these values have opposite net changes between that bar and the current bar (or the previous bar if a requirement is added that the previous bar also be a local maxima or minima).

For the most part, these formulas end up being too long and slow to be practical or post in the forums however.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles