Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

When will TC2000 be compatible with Mac again? Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jschibal
Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 12:55:13 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I'm a suscriber and have an old mac with TC2000 software, so I didn't bother checking to make sure it's comptiable or not.

I just bought a $3k Macbook Pro, so I can trade on the go, but now I see TC2000 no longer supports Mac. I tried downloading Windows Parralel, but it runs slow and is more of a headache than anything else.

TC2000 is my favorite charting software, but I might have to end up canceling my membership because of this. I can't return my Macbook Pro, so I need a Mac compatible charting software now.

Are there current plans to make TC2000 compatible with Mac? I don't mind waiting if there is a guarantee one is coming.

Please let me know, thank you very much!

StockGuy
Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 1:01:38 PM

Administration

Yes, we will have a solution for the Mac coming soon.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 1:02:41 PM

Worden Trainer

We are currently demonstrating the full desktop version of TC2000 v18 running in pretty much any browser (including on Macs, iOS, and Android) at our traning classes. We hope to have a publicly available version by the end of the year (but no guarantees as I don't have a specific date).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
jschibal
Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 1:16:33 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Sounds good, I will wait then. I'm very happy with the software as mentioned, so I really don't want to have to find an alternative to switch to. 

Thanks again to you both!

Treyder1
Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 10:43:23 AM

Any updates on the timeline for TC200 v18 on Mac?  Thank you.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 10:56:09 AM

Worden Trainer

I still don't have an exact date. It should be "soon", but I know that is a bit nebulous.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
trailstop
Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2019 5:15:36 PM

I am greatly disappointed with the solution for Mac users and will sadly be canceling my subscription after many years.  The Parallels client and Web Client are both too slow and clunky to use and are not a viable solution for Mac users.  I am canceling and going with Free StockCharts Premium instead as it is much faster.  I know all the excuses: "We need to devote our resources to the majority of our user base, etc., which are primarily Windows users."  I'm very sad Worden is not willing to dedicate the resources required for this fantastic application to run natively on Mac OS. 

I also refuse to run Parallels and Windows on my Mac.  

StockGuy
Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 8:59:48 AM

Administration

Thank you for the feedback.