Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Condition to Indicator Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
vincectec1
Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 6:02:46 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

In TC2000 V12, I can convert a conditional PCF to an indicator. This allows me to find the condition wherever it appears in past price data for any stock. Very handy for doing back testing. Here is how I  do it:

1. I us the PCF in an EASY Scan.
  2. In the EASY Scan I click on edit.
  3. Then i click on view coditions on  chart
  4. The uper portion of the display is the price chart and the lower portion is the condition as an indicator and the PCF formula.
  5. I click on the formula and then click on save this indicator
  6. I name the indicator and then click OK.
  7. I can now bring up the indicator in V18

How can I do the this in V18 directly without first having to do it in V12. Can it also be done for non-PCF conditions? 

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, March 1, 2019 8:53:27 AM

Worden Trainer

This cannot be done for non-PCF conditions.

For an existing condition formula you can select Add Plot to Chart | Formulas. Then choose the desired condition formula from the list (this still lists both indicator formulas and condition formulas despite the program treating them quite differently in most cases in v19).

To use a new condition formula on the chart directly, select Add Plot to Chart | Indicators | Custom PCF % True Indicator and edit the indicator to place the condition formula in the Boolean Formula settings box.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
vincectec1
Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 7:35:37 PM

You might suggest to the programmers to have this same capabilityt for non-pcf conditions.

vincectec1
Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 7:38:12 PM

I guess I don't understand "To use a new condition formula on the chart directly, select Add Plot to Chart | Indicators | Custom PCF % True Indicator and edit the indicator to place the condition formula in the Boolean Formula settings box."

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2019 10:11:39 AM

Worden Trainer

Custom PCF % True Is just a normal indicator. Add it to the chart like you would any other indicator. Edit it like you would any other indicator.

There is a big white settings box in the indicator when you edit it called Boolean Formula. Type or paste your condition formula into the box.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles