Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Market Facilitation Index Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
King247
Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 7:06:25 AM

Bruce: on  Monday, July 31, 2017 4:31:36 PM (http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=66924), you wrote the formula below. My question is exactly how to combine the 4 PCFs so that price bars are colored and the least amount of computing overhead is consumed (don't know if the 2nd part is possible).

1) Should I create one PCF with the 4 formulas joined by AND, or create 4 PCFs?

I set up one at a time, each with a different color, and combined them in a panel below a price window, with a different color for each PCF. The results were interesting, but for some reason I was hoping that the price bars would change color, depending on the category. Probably assumed too much.

2) When setting up each PCF, the formula window requires a timeframe. I chose hourly. Does that mean it won't yield accurate results on other timeframes?  (I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, which complicates matters. I'm just looking for the most accurate setup, so I can learn how the MFI works.)

3) When I use any intraday timeframe (e.g. SPY), most of the big bars cluster in the extended hours area. That's consistently the lowest volume, which calls into question whether I've set it up correctly. (Obviously, no index symbols that don't display intraday volume—like SPX—will work intraday. I would like to know whether I've set it up corrrectly, that's all.)

Please give me some guidance on setting this up. Thank you.

Bruce wrote Monday, July 31, 2017 4:31:36 PM (http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=66924):

The Market Facilitation Index (MFI) itself is just:

(H - L) / V

Although if you wanted to plot it different colors for green, fade, fake, and squat, then things could get a little more interesting.

Green:

IIF(V > V1 AND (H - L) / V > (H1 - L1) / V1, (H - L) / V, 1 / 0)

Fade:

IIF(V < V1 AND (H - L) / V < (H1 - L1) / V1, (H - L) / V, 1 / 0)

Fake:

IIF(V < V1 AND (H - L) / V > (H1 - L1) / V1, (H - L) / V, 1 / 0)

Squat:

IIF(V > V1 AND (H - L) / V < (H1 - L1) / V1, (H - L) / V, 1 / 0)

King247
Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 8:02:04 AM

Addendum: I would love to provide an image in this case, but it looks like you have to link to an image, which I'm not set up to do.

I could TC Mail an image if you'd like.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 10:08:21 AM

Worden Trainer

Each formula is its own formula and needs to be entered separately.

When you are plotting formulas on the chart using Custom PCF Indicators, the time frame automatically changes to match the chart when it is plotted.

I have sent you a TCMail with a chart containing my interpretation of the Bill Williams Profitunity indicators.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
King247
Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 10:26:20 AM

Got it. Thanks, Bruce!

Priyaa
Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:31:14 PM

Can I please get this in TC Mail?

Thanks 

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:41:26 PM

Worden Trainer

I have sent you a TCMail with a chart containing my interpretation of the Bill Williams Profitunity indicators.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles