Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Unusual Volume Scan 1 Minute + 5 Minute Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
HSLR
Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 7:34:31 AM

I'm new here and english is not my first language, soory for this. So I need a little help please. I want to create a scan for unusual short term volume like this:

The Volume of the actual 1 Minute Candle is 700% higher then the average (for example 1 minute average of the last 30 days). The Volume of 5 Minute are 300% greater then the average. 

For Example Price Range: 0,40 to 400

Float less then 50.000000 (with the possibility to change the number)

Volume today >25.000 (with the possibilty to change it for example after 11:00 am to 250.000)

Average Daily Volume of least 300.000

Possibility to scan for new HOD / LOD Signal or for example 10 minute High or Low or complete without it.

Do I have to make a PCF or does an Easy Scan work? 

I thank you for your help.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2019 1:13:50 PM

Worden Trainer

Price range, float, volume today, and average daily volume can all be done without formulas and one of these (float) can't be done using a forumula.

There really isn't a good automated method of checking for the after 11:00 AM that works at any time of the day.

Checking for the volume of the 1-minute or 5-minute candle versus average volume can be done, but the data set being used is about 500 bars. So that is going to be less than 2 days in a 1-minute time frame and less than 7 days in a 5-minute time frame.

There really isn't a good way to check for the current bar making a new HOD or LOD. About the best you can do is check for the close equaling the high:

H = C

The close equaling the low:

L = C

Or maybe the close being near the high or low.

STOC1 >= 95 OR STOC1 <= 5

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles