Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Drawing Trendlines Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
King247
Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 9:23:44 AM

Bruce,

In Version 17 is there a way to copy/duplicate a new chart without existing (previously drawn) trendlines? I would like to retain the lines on one chart, but have a clean chart with no lines as well; color coding doesn't seem to do that.

Version 18 enhancement requests:

Currenlty trendlines seem to snap to an invisible grid that is too wide for my purposes. If, for instance, the grid is 10 pixels, it would be nice to have a 2 pixel grid available (or no snap-to-grid, but that might generate other problems).

Also, it would be nice to have available trendlines half as thick as the thinnest line currently available.

Thank you.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 10:47:53 AM

Worden Trainer

I am not aware of any way to copy a chart without the drawing tools. The drawing tools are part of the chart.

You can uncheck Snap To in the drawing tools windows.

Thank you for your suggestions.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
King247
Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 11:18:00 AM

This isn't the first time I didn't make myself clear.

What I would like is the ability to copy/duplicate a chart without a trendline I have already drawn and saved. I'm not asking for the drawing tools panel to be removed.

I have 'Snap' unchecked on the drawing tools panel, but when I move a previously-drawn line or draw a new one, it still snaps slightly. If I drag a line to move it, when I release the mouse button, the line moves slighlty (it snaps to an invisible, fairly small grid).

Thank you for submitting my suggestions.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 11:24:59 AM

Worden Trainer

I think I understood your original post correctly and just didn't make myself clear. My response actually meant the drawing tools themselves (or drawings if you would prefer) and not the drawing tools window.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
gapcitos
Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 1:47:18 AM

Bruce, if I change the color to trend lines, circles, arrows, etc. it is possible to duplicate them in version 2018 in a faster way than having to draw them again. I want to do this without having to save the trend line with the new color as a new default line.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:35:45 AM

Worden Trainer

I can't think of any way to do so based on the limitations described in your request.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles