Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Request PCF Formula Price History Crossing UP Pivot Points R1 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bcochrane
Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 9:49:27 AM

To answer your first question, the answer is YES

Add your PCF to the chart, and Select Edit by right clicking on the PCF Name.

Select Plot Style (it's the top option) and select Last Value Horizontal. Reallly easy to experiment with.

I have to leave to Bruce to answer your second question

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 10:37:32 AM

Worden Trainer

I have been working on a technique which would allow you to determine how many bars you are into the current intraday chart as part of a condition formula which might be usable to plot spikes at particular times of day on an intraday chart in a given time frame. That said, it is finicky, has all of the requirements already given above and you would have to change the formula every day in any case. You are probably better off just using the vertical line drawing tool.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
stanleyikem
Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 2:44:37 PM

Hi Bruce, I need help in using the COUNT feature - I want to be able to how many times a condition is true. I have written a pcf that shows up as green bar when true and red bar when false - but I want to be able to count how many times it is true or false on my watchlist - by showing it to me in numbers. That means if the condition is true 26 times, I can see it, if it is false 30 times i can see it.... Is that possible?

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 2:49:30 PM

Worden Trainer

Yes, please try the following:

CountTrue(your condition formula here, 100)

Note that this counts how many times your condition was true during the most recent 100 bars. You can change 100 to something else if you want.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
stanleyikem
Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 2:58:07 PM

Hi bruce, thanks for the help - when I write the formular... C<AVGO11 and L<AVGH24  as 

CountTrue (C<AVGO11 and L<AVGH24, 100) as PCF in my condition column, I don't get any numbers on the watchlist. It returns blank - and I need it to return with numbers (after the count).

do advise

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 3:13:39 PM

Worden Trainer

Make sure there isn't a space in CountTrue( as the opening pranthesis needs to be right next to CountTrue in the formula. You should also be adding this as an indicator formula and not as a condition formula.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
stanleyikem
Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:26:39 AM

Hi Bruce, 

I know we can write a simple PCF to mark (using the dots) the  O,H,L,C of a candle -  what I want to do though is reflects those points on a larger time frame like the 1hr for instance on the smaller time frame like the 2mins.

So more like I want to see OHLC price points on my 1hr TF, marked as a dot on the 2min TF.

So technically all I want to see is the OHCL prices of the 6 bars that make up the 1hr chart (assuming we are not including pre/post market prices - doesn't matter). It means that if there is a price of say, 69 on the L of a candle in the 1hr chart, at the point that, that occurs I can also see it on the 2min chart - it doesn't matter if on the 2min chart price repeatedly touches that price point, as long as it didn't repeat on the 1hr chart more than once, that's it.

Except though (instead of a dot), there is a way to draw a horizontal line. Let me know if this is unclear and I can send an email to support with images instead.

Thanks

StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 9:16:52 AM

Administration

There is no way to mix time frames on a chart or in a custom formula.

stanleyikem
Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 1:18:44 PM

Any plans on when this is going to be a possible feature in TC2000 in the future?

Secondly, is there a way to build a PCF that helps to determine an intraday swing high or swing low on a chart... such that I can paint the highest point of the swing high or the lowest point of the swing low with a dot?

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 10:19:08 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion. I do not know when or if any particular suggestion might get implemented.

You may want to take a look at the following topic.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
raider45
Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 9:06:25 AM
I would like to have a PCF Formula with the following parameter:
Before opening the markets, select the titles with the value expressed in numbers of the percentage between R1 and R3.

Thank you and goodbye.
Raider45
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 10:31:48 AM

Worden Trainer

Please try the following indicator formula.

100 * (3 * C - 2 * H1 + L1 - 2 * C1) / (3 * H1 - 3 * L1)

Zero indicator being at R1 and 100 indicates being at R3. Numbers less than zero mean price is below R1 and numbers greater than 100 indicate price is above R3.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles