Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

calculate ratio for enterprise value to ebitda Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bizfix
Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2018 12:43:34 PM

i was wondering in a column can i create a formula to get the ratio of ebitda to enterprise value for a stock. Also can i create easy scans with fundamental data

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 10:39:36 AM

Worden Trainer

You can use the build in fundamentals as scan conditions, but there really isn't a way to take the ratio of two different fundamentals to create your own third fundamental.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
bizfix
Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 10:56:03 AM

SO IF I WANTED TO FIND STOCKS TRADING BETWEEN 3 AND 5 TIMES EBITDA TO ENTERPRISE VALUE HOW WOULD I WRITE THE EQUATION THNAKS 

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 11:12:27 AM

Worden Trainer

There isn't any sort of built in way to do so, but there is a bit of a complicated workaround.

Overlay Operating Income Before Depreciation (EBITDA) and Enterprise Value into the same pane and scale as each other.

Add two 1-period Envelope Channels to Enterprise Value as plotted on the chart. Set the Width (%) setting to of one to 200 and the other to 400.

Then click on the 200% Envelope Channel and select Create Condition. You want EBITDA to be Above Envelope Channel 1 200 Chan Top. Select Scan to create a new scan based on your new condition.

Then click on the 400% Envelope Channel and select Create Condition. You want EBITDA to be Below Envelope Channel 1 400 Chan Top. Select Add to... | Add to Conditions so you can add the condition to the scan you created earlier.

That said, at least for most of the symbols I have looked at, it seems like taking the ratio of Enterprise value to EBITDA would make more sense if you are interested in ratios between 3 and 5. You would just need to switch the indicators to which you applied the evelope channels and conditions in order to do this instead.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles