Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

PSAR condition formula needed Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bkl-41
Posted : Friday, March 7, 2014 10:18:43 AM

I need a condition formula where the PSAR is below price history for the previous 5 minutes on a 1 minute chart.

Thank you.

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, March 7, 2014 10:35:27 AM

Worden Trainer

It is not possible to create a Condition Formula for Parabolic SAR which is short and fast enough to be practical or post in the forums.

You can click on Price History (the symbol and possibly company name in green in the same pane where price is plotted) in TC2000 version 12.4 and select Create Scan Condition to create a condition for price being below Parabolic SAR as long as the Parabolic SAR is plotted in the same pane and scale as price.

Create Conditions from Your Chart

Creating conditions for bars other than the current bar can be done, but it is a bit more complicated.

You would need to add a 1-period exponential moving average to both price and the PSAR. You would then set the Offset setting of these 1-period exponential moving averages to the number of bars ago that you want to check for price being below the PSAR. You would then click on the offset moving average of price to create a condition for it being below the offset moving average of the PSAR.

You would need to create individual conditions for each bar of interest. This means you would need to create five individual conditions. You can just change the offsets of the moving averages before creating each new conditions instead of creating entirely new moving average for each bar you wish to check.

You would then add all of the conditions to the same EasyScan as EasyScan Conditions.

Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions

The EasyScan would return symbols in the List to Scan of the EasyScan which currently meet the requirements of all of the EasyScan Conditions.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
bkl-41
Posted : Friday, March 7, 2014 10:51:40 AM

Thanks for your help Bruce,

much appreciated!

DIMEBAG DAVE
Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:35:37 AM

I was reading some of the Parabolic SAR discussions and I haven't found the answer to a question I have concerning PCF's.  Since most Parabolic SAR's are adjusted at the close of a trading day would it be possible to create a PCF that look for Parabolic SAR's that are within a certain percentage of the close price.  I feel this would allow me to pinpoint possible reversal points, or the leadings up to a reversal point.  I would want to match it with a stock that hasn't had a huge shift in ATR on the closing day as I feel this isn't going to give me a true return on the stocks normal shifts.

I know I can create a scan condition by right clicking on the psar title in the chart, however it doesn't allow me to use a percentage, just a dollar value(greater or less than).

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:13:38 AM

Worden Trainer

Add Envelope Channels to price with the Period set to 1 and the Width (%) set to the maximum percentage Parabolic SAR can be away from the close and still pass. Then click on Parabolic SAR and select Create Scan Condition.

You will want create a condition for Channel Position Range in the Parabolic SAR vs Envelope Channel section of the Condition drop-down menu in the Create Scan Condition window. Set the rangefinder to -100 to 100.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
DIMEBAG DAVE
Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:30:06 AM

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for.

capfelix007
Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 3:27:44 AM

I am working on a PCF condition to screen for any daily candles that fulfill any of the following conditions:

1) Force Index > 0

2) MACD > 0

3) Price history below Parabolic SAR

I can do an OR operation on Force Index and MACD together but not with Parabolic SAR since there is no PCF script Parabolic SAR. Is there a way I can do OR operation with all these 3 conditions to screen stocks?

There seems no way to do OR operation under Condition Set to OR each of the condition together.

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 9:06:24 AM

Worden Trainer

No, there isn't a way to do an OR with the Parabolic SAR condition since it can't be created using a formula.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
overthemoon
Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 1:36:10 PM

In StockFinder I am able to attach PSAR to indicators in addition to price history.  Is it possible for me to do this with TC2000 as well?

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 2:00:06 PM

Worden Trainer

It isn't really designed to do this. You could change its data source, but I don't think it is possible to move TC2000's Parabolic SAR indicator into a different scale or pane than price.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles