Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How to add a template of indicators to a certain chart Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jbclem
Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 4:51:42 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

If I have a certain chart, located on a tab(bottom of screen...layout tab??) and I want to add a collection of indicators (that I use on other charts also) to it, how do I do this.  I can save a template, which I think is a collection of indicators, but when I try to add this template to a chart...a new chart opens up.  I just want to be able to add a given collection of indicators to any chart I chose. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 4:54:34 PM

Worden Trainer

If you save a template, it is going to be the entire chart.

You can save an indicator and add it to a chart, but not a template. When you save an indicator, you can actually save more than one indicator at a time, but all of the indicators need to be in the same pane. It is not possible to save multiple indicators in multiple panes as a group which can then be added to a chart.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
jbclem
Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 10:52:49 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

When you say "the entire chart" does that mean the symbol being charted also...in other words, just duplicating that particular chart.

Is it the same in v7?  I thought I could do this there...I know that in other charting programs it's a common feature, but perhaps not in Telecharts.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:45:29 AM

Worden Trainer

While you can set the symbol to something different using the Symbol Linking icon, the entire chart does include the pane containing price history.

You can't do this sort of thing in TC2000 v7 either. The closest thing would be the layouts feature.

View multiple symbols or multiple views of the same symbol using Layouts

But you can do that sort of thing in TC2000 v12.5/v18 as well.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles