Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

tc2000 v18 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
stanleyikem
Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 1:21:13 PM

Hello Bruce, 

I have two questions;

1). Is there a way to have a line drawn automatically on my chart to show HOD or LOD, on my chart (say for instance I have a 2 or 5 min chart open but I want to have a line that shows the days High and the day's current low, just the same way we automatically have yesterdays close and todays open on my chart)? Of course the HOD & LOD lines would be dynamic as it would fluctuate based on the current days High or Low... Just ant to be able to plot it.

2. How can I write a formular that says True, if current day's volume = float of the stock?

Thanks Bruce.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 1:25:51 PM

Worden Trainer

There isn't a way to plot the HOD and LOD on an intraday chart in TC2000.

You can't write a formula based on fundamentals, but you can overlay volume and float on the chart in the same pane and scale as each other.

How to Overlay an Indicator (choose & Scale With)

Then you should be able to click on one of the indicators and select Create Condition to create conditions comparing the two indicators.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
stanleyikem
Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 1:53:58 PM

That's understandable except that when I have everything setup and I want to in this case, create a condition that says volume 1x or 2x or greater than..... latest float - it can't work. So how do I create a condition using this two parameters (volume and float) overlayed. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 1:56:33 PM

Worden Trainer

If you want to create a condition for volume being 2x latest float, add 1-Period Envelope Channels to Latest Float with the Width (%) setting set to 100. Then create your conidtion for volume being above the top envelope channel.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
stanleyikem
Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 2:03:41 PM

Any particular reasons why it is 1 period and % 100?

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 2:12:44 PM

Worden Trainer

1-period is because a 1 period moving average is the same as the underlying indicator. This means the centerline of the envelope channel will just be the value of Latest Float.

100% is because something that is 2x the value of something is 100% above that same something.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles