Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

trend Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tdj
Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 1:06:19 PM

How would i create a scan for this:

1. Stock has to be in an uptrend for mimimum of 2 years. (on a MONTHLY chart you could draw a trend line that touches 3 points)

2.From the highest candle in the trend, (MONTHLY chart), I am now looking for 3 consecutive months where closing price is below opening price starting from thie highest candle in the trend. MINIMUM 2 year trend.

-want to scan on monthly timeframe

Thank you

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 1:56:47 PM

Worden Trainer

I cannot think of a practical method of implementing the trendline that touches 3 points in a Personal Criteria Formual.

The following formula alternately checks for a positive liner regression slope and an RSI greater than 70 over the course of those 24 bars instead. There are quite a few alternatives to check for a trend over those 24 bars.

TrueInRow(C < O, 3) = 3 AND H2 = MAXH24.2 AND FAVGC24.2 > AVGC24.2 AND RSI24.1.2 > 70

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
tdj
Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 2:38:15 PM

thank you Bruce

bcochrane
Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 3:38:30 PM

Sticking my nose in, I posted a technique for finding stocks in an up trend

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=68222

You could change the last value in the CountTrue PCF to 500 for two year span or change period of PCF to Weekly from Daily, and use 104 for the last variable. or change to Monthly and use 24

Doesn't address your specification about trend line touching in three points, but I hope it helps

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 3:46:48 PM

Worden Trainer

Other people sticking their nose in and providing alternative techniques and opinions is one of the advantages of the forum format. Thank you for providing more information which might provide additional insight into the best way to do this.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles