Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

% From All Time High or All Time Low Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
patrick_m_c
Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:39:21 AM

Hello,

Is there a wayt to run a scan that will show me stocks that are within a range of their all time high or low?

For example, I'm looking for equities that are 0% - 5% from their all time high. Conversely, a scan that is shows stocks within 0% - 5% of their all time low.

I apolgize if this has been addressed before, but I'm having difficulty finding an answer in the forms. 

Thank you.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 9:20:21 AM

Worden Trainer

I can't think of a way. It is possible to scan for price being at an all time high or low, but that is using the built in New High and New Low conditions. I don't know of a way to calculate the all time high it TC2000 to use as a basis for determining 5% below that value.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
patrick_m_c
Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 9:54:11 AM

That's unfortuante. What I'm trying to do is view the stocks before they break out to new highs or lows, thus the reason for the defined range.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 10:09:55 AM

Worden Trainer

You can calculate the high for up to 500 bars safely (because there shouldn't be less than 500 bars of data in any given time frame as long as the data for the symbol goes back that far).

C >= .95 * MAXH500

But the formula won't calculate if there aren't 500 bars available in the time frame.

So what you could do is create multiple WatchList Columns for the above formula set to progressively longer time frames and sort by the WatchList Columns.

A daily time frame would require the symbol to have about two years of history, so you might need to have some WatchList Columns for intraday time frames or use a period shorter than 500 if you wanted to check for symbols trading less than two years.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles