Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Canadian indexes and component stocks Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Gone South
Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2015 11:46:08 AM

Hi Bruce,

To do top-down analysis, TC2000 handles US sector components elegantly. You click on the sector and view the components stocks in a separate watchlist. Very nice.

Those of us playing in the Canadian market don't have this feature. Till now, I've tried to replicate it with a very time-consuming manual technique:

- Open the "Canadian Indexes" watchlist already avaiable in TC2000.

- Go to tmxmoney.com to find the stocks in each sector and manually enter them into a set of new personal watchlists, one per sector.

- With the Canadian Indexes open up top and 12 personal watchlists crammed in below, I can look at an index, then manually scroll through the personal watchlists to find the matching component list.

You can see that this is pretty inefficient. So...

1) The best solution is for Worden to offer the same component-linking function for Canadian markets that it does for US markets. Since you already have the functionality built for the US, this shouldn't be too much effort to replicate.

2) If that's not going to happen, it would help if there was a way to create a link between an item in one watchlist and a second watchlist. That would manually achieve the required functionality. This doesn't seem to exist in TC2000 at present, so I guess this is another feature request.

3) While I'm on the topic of the Canadian markets, can Worden finally offer Gold customers Canadian prices in real time (instead of the 15 minutes delay)?

I've been using Gold for a few years now and have always had to struggle to work with the Canadian market. It would be great not to feel like second-class customers.

Thanks!

Eric

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:02:04 PM

Worden Trainer

I do not know if we will be offering real time data, component WatchLists and fundamentals for Canadian data in the future like we already provide for United States data, so I will submit all of the suggestions to development (instead of just 1 and 3).

Thank you for your suggestions.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
shimoda
Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 3:59:16 PM

Interested in this request as well as Canadian real time data!

mike_valkyrie1
Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 1:04:37 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I am also interested in getting Canadian real time data, even for a fee!

CNorth
Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2016 5:13:18 PM

Well said Gone South.  Bruce, would Worden entertain the idea of sending out a digital questionnaire/survey to its customers to see if they would like to see the option of getting real-time data from the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX).  If there’s concern over increasing costs, it could be offered as an Add-On to existing packages.  With very few competitors of Worden offering real-time TSX data (ex Quotestream) and the Canadian dollar trading at a near 40 cent discount to the US dollar, there may be more interest than one would believe.

BillÇochrane
Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2016 8:49:22 PM

FYI, the monthly cost of Canadian real time data is (considerably) higher than the US equivalent, because of what the Canadian Exchanges charge for it.

CNorth
Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 5:34:40 PM

Hi Bill, good point.  Hopefully, this could be changing if Aequitas’ initiative moves forward.  http://standupforcompetition.com/about/

RedEagle9
Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 5:43:40 PM

Thanks for starting this tread... put me down for one order of Canadian real time data!

If Worden would fill out a couple forms and jump through some hoops to get registered as brokers in Canada they would be amazed by how many customers they got in just the first week!

Thanks!

macphemd
Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 7:54:15 PM

Just wanted to add my voice to this request for real time Canadian data... would be nice to have the option as an add on to the service.

Thanks.

bourdonz
Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:32:28 PM

I am also interested in getting Canadian real time data, bizzz

Datha
Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2018 4:49:24 AM

Also interested in Canadian real time quotes... but deceived by Worden's lack of interest for Canadian investors... 

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2018 9:04:53 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles