Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

V18 TO V17 Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
diceman
Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2017 10:57:07 AM

Can you get back to version 17 after loading V18?

I deleted Telechart from my system, reloaded 17,

but since it opens based on last layout, it opened in 18 again.

The reason I want to change is V18 seems to list the watchlist used in an easyscan

instead of the easyscan name.

Is there a way to have the easyscan name show instead of

the watchlist used?

Thanks

MichaelR
Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 3:17:07 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Diceman,

I commented on this as well.  The problem I have with listing the watchlist used rather than the easy scan name is that if you use US Common Stocks as the basis for your scans (which many of mine do) then every scan you pull up will say that with no indication of which scan the results came from.  It makes it impossibe to have a layout with multiple scans and be able to know which scans gave which results.

I wish they would/could reimplement the sublisting capability that Telechart had.

Mike

diceman
Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 9:12:02 PM

Exactly.

I have a page with many easyscans and now they all say SP500.

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 10:22:20 AM

Worden Trainer

We are working to resolve this in the next release of the beta build 18.

Also, you can quickly go back to the Live Build of TC2000 (v17), simply click on the following to change your Beta Test Release options:

Click on Tools > System Settings > General (tab) > Scroll to bottom and choose Always ask to run Beta

If you are not receiving the Beta version when selecting that option or if the option does not appear, right click the desktop icon > open file location > right click startsettings.dat > delete.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
maljester
Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 11:43:12 AM

Click on Tools > System Settings > General (tab) > Scroll to bottom and choose Always ask to run Beta

This not working for me.  I have this setting but I do not get asked to open Beta.  I just open V18.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 11:51:18 AM

Worden Trainer

That is why there is a fourth paragraph in my original response. If that step does not work, then please contact technical support.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
maljester
Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 12:09:12 PM

deleting startsettings.dat file fixes the issue.  I can now get to V17.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 12:15:18 PM

Worden Trainer

I am happy to read it resolved the issue.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
maljester
Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:02:25 PM

For those of us unable to attend the Orlando training, it might be nice to have a video of how some of the new features work.  This might sovle the worries about how V18 works.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:47:27 PM

Worden Trainer

We don't have any v18 specific videos or documentation yet.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
qyang
Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 3:15:04 PM

QUOTE (MichaelR)

Diceman,

I commented on this as well.  The problem I have with listing the watchlist used rather than the easy scan name is that if you use US Common Stocks as the basis for your scans (which many of mine do) then every scan you pull up will say that with no indication of which scan the results came from.  It makes it impossibe to have a layout with multiple scans and be able to know which scans gave which results.

I wish they would/could reimplement the sublisting capability that Telechart had.

Mike

I have exactly the same complaint against this change. Is this a permanent design change? I hope not. Because it doesn't make much sense. Users want to see the EasyScan names/titles on the tabs, not the lists they scan from. Yes, you can show the list or change the list after you click on the tab and focus on one EasyScan, but for EasyScans on other tabs, we need the names/titles to distinguish them. Please see the attached images showing current version 17.06.6435.29524 (top) and beta 18.0.6597.23579 (bottom).

So where the pink arrow points is fine, showing the scan list. Where the orange arrows point, the current version is good and makes sense showing the names/titles, but the beta shows the lists and they are all the same, which is not fine.

Thanks, if necessary let me if I should start a new post on this topic.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 3:23:57 PM

Worden Trainer

Everything in the beta is subject to change. Thank you for your suggestion. Have you had a look at Combo Lists? These might solve your issue.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
markhike
Posted : Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:52:20 PM

It seems the latest V18 beta has replaced EasyScan with "Combo List" in which you can combine multiple lists with multiple conditions. The Combo List name also shows up at the tab.

So, for those who rely on EasyScan for your work flow, now you have the more powerful "Combo List". 

I do wish the "Combo List" is not the final name. We need something cooler!

qyang
Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 3:37:20 PM

Thanks a lot for suggesting "Combo List". It not only shows its name on tabs, but it can scan on multiple lists, which address this feature suggestion:

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=65270

I also wish it could have a better name. An import/export/migrate from EasyScans to Combo lists would be great as well. Otherwise I will have to re-create all of them.

By the way, the scan checkbox, what does it do? When it's checked, it seems that I can add extra conditions to the Combot list? or anything else?

Is there a documentation/tutorial for Combo list? 

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 3:51:47 PM

Worden Trainer

We don't have any v18 documentation yet as the features are still in flux.

In the current v18 beta, a combo list and scan are related but different.

The combo list includes one or more WatchLists and can include "Pre-Scan Conditions".

While you can use this to make a Combo List into the old EasyScan system with the addition of being able to have more than one List to Scan, I am pretty sure the original intent was to create a sort of "My Universe" of stocks which includes all of the WatchLists which might be of interest plus conditions that you would always apply.

The Scan button is designed to allow you to then add conditions to either a normal WatchList or Combo List and quickly switch between these original conditions. When it isn't checked, you don't have any additional conditions. The WatchList or Combo List isn't being "scanned" (but pre-scan conditions are still in effect).

The feature set as a whole allows you to quickly switch between the conditions which are different about your scans and create new scans incorporating your core combo list(s) without having to make each EasyScan from scratch (because you are starting with one of your combo lists).

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Al_Gorithm
Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 5:09:46 PM

I know it's only a name, but "Combo List" sounds ... a little strange. Even before I became a Worden customer back in the day, I intuitively understood what an "EasyScan" was. Combo List sounds like a feature in an upcoming version of Microsoft Word. :)

I know Michael is busy jetting around the country teaching live classes, and it doesn't really make sense to create documentation or tutorial videos while v18 beta is still baking, but ...

... maybe recording one of Michael's current classes and breaking it up into the 8 individual sessions for online viewing would help. Not sure logistically how to do that, but that way Michael wouldn't have to waste time documenting features that may or may not make it into v18, and the videos would tie folks over until v18 is documented and tutorialized (Is that a word? I guess it is now).

An alternative would be a return to the Tuesday night webinars, but I'm guessing Michael is too busy for that, and Bruce isn't available. :)

Another alternative, since the live classes are every-other-week, is to pick a weekend Michael isn't teaching on location, and have a live online class one Friday and Saturday, like a webinar, but using the class schedule. And record it for those who can't attend live. Logistically that might be easier to pull off than recording one of Michael's on-stie classes.

And, yes ... I've circled May 18th & 19th ... tell Michael I'm looking forward to buying him a drink in Chicago ;)

Bruce, ... btw, if y'all haven't replaced Julia yet, and are looking for another trainer, I'm available. ;)

markhike
Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 9:47:26 PM

Found an usability issue with the replacement of EasyScan. I subscribe to some third party resources of TC2000 which you can access from the Library. It include some EasyScans with their own column sets. On V17, when I open one of the EasyScan, it shows up with its own column set. On V18, when I open it, it just becomes a condition set against the S&P 500 list and there is no way to access the column set.

This is a serious shortcoming of the V18. Bruce, I would suggest that V18 should automatically convert all EasyScans to ComboList with all three elements included: The Source List, the Condition Set and the Default Column set. For those of us who already have dozens of own EasyScans or third party EasyScans, some of them contain their own column set, it would be very time consuming or even impossible (especially for default column set) to re-create them manually in V18.

Don't get me wrong, I like the combo list concept which is more porwerful and actually improve my workflow. If we can have the auto-conversion, it would be a win-win situation to convince people to move to V18.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2018 10:13:03 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestions.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Slovkas
Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:59:16 AM
hi!. was using v18 but today when opening tc2000 it roled back to 17 and cant find the woy to go back to v18. do not have the  option to

or the "startsettings.dat" to go with: 
If you are not receiving the Beta version when selecting that option or if the option does not appear, right click the desktop icon > open file location > right click startsettings.dat > delete.

any other way?
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:46:16 AM

Worden Trainer

If neither of those things are available, then please contact technical support.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles