Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

OS X? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
rdlsmith
Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:56:07 PM

Are you dropping support for OS X?  i.e. 12.x is the last version for OS X?

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 10:41:02 AM

Worden Trainer

We hope to add Mac support for TC2000 v16, but currently the most recent version with Mac support is TC2000 v12.5.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
rdlsmith
Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 11:20:11 AM

Wow, that is very dissappointing.   I've been with you guys since the days of DOS and downloading data each night.  But I've spent that last few months or so using my brokers ToS package and I can 'get by' although it's not as nice.  (A few things are better.)

You know, Intuit did this same sort of thing to its Mac community.  Don't worry, it didn't hurt them.  I won't use their products if I can help it.  They made a choice to tick off their Mac users.  I suppose it wasn't worth the effort for them re-write their code.  

I understand why you're doing it.  The cost benefit analysis just didn't add up for you.  

That's fine.  I love OS X and I'm just not willing to go back to Windows, even under Parallels.   For me (and my style of trading which is position/swing) I can get by with IBD and my broker's software.   

I never liked that Silverlight junk anyway.  If you do start writing for OS X, I hope next time it will be native to the OS so we don't have these issues again.

Best of luck to you!

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 11:27:10 AM

Worden Trainer

The plan is to have a native Mac application if we can do so for TC2000 v16. When transitioning from Silverlight we had to start somewhere and it obviously makes more sense to target Windows first and then Mac. I suspect our development team is a bit smaller than Intuit's.

We still have Mac support using TC2000 v12.5 until we can get the code and compiler working to create a native Mac application for TC2000 v16. We are aware Silverlight is not ideal which is why we are transitioning to native applications.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
rdlsmith
Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 11:31:46 AM

Your team may be smaller but I think they're way better.  :)   I look forward to the release of the new and improved TC2K (on equal footing with the windoZe side) for the Mac platform.  I may even sign back up.

opwtrader
Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 11:02:03 AM

I am glad to hear of the plans for a native version for the Mac. Silverlight never did work well, taking up more processor time then any other app I have on mac os x. 

That being said, the only thing I switch to windows for is live trading, research and administration I am stil always using the mac for research and setting alerts. 

Would be great if some day we get a fast Mac version!

Markus978
Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2016 5:29:03 PM

Hi there,

any idea on about when the OS X Version will be released? 

First half of 2016? Second half?

Thanks, Markus

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 9:59:40 AM

Worden Trainer

No, I really do not know. When a native OSX version gets added for TC2000 v16 depends to a great extent on its support in the development tools we use and that isn't something we control.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
natew
Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:37:11 PM

Reviving an old thread, what is the plan for support of TC2000 on MacOSX?

No support for v16 and now we have v17

Sorry, but running a Windows machine in Parallels or Fusion is not a good solution.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:22:33 AM

Worden Trainer

I really do not know. We do not currently have a Mac version in development, but that will change if we can easily put out both a PC and a Mac version at the same time like we could with Silverlight  If Silverlight plug-in support hadn't been discontinued in almost every browser, you would probably still have simultaneous PC and Mac versions.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
0002ct
Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 1:23:33 PM

https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0