Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Help Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
hhh80
Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:19:29 AM
I would like to create an indicator that gives me the following:

plot = Operating cash flow 1 year / Market Cap

But also an Moving average of the Operating CF

What would the code look like?

Cheers

/HHH
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 8:26:46 AM

Worden Trainer

I really wouldn't use RealCode for this. Just add Operating Cash Flow 1-Yr and Capitalization Indicators to the Chart.

Working with Indicators

And Drag and Drop the Operating Cash Flow 1-Yr Indicator onto the Capitalization Indicator and select Plot Comparison | Ratio.

Comparison Plots

You can then just add a Moving Average to the Comparison Plot. Optionally, you can delete the Operating Cash Flow 1-Yr and Capitalization Indicators used to make the Comparison Plot.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
hhh80
Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:36:54 PM

Thanks 

That was easier than I thought.

/HH

jchas
Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 3:06:56 PM

Couldn't get the Drag and Drop to work in v17.0.6435.29524

Is this still supported?  Or is there now a different way to get Op Cash Flow / Capitalization?

Thanks!

.../j

QUOTE (Bruce_L)
I really wouldn't use RealCode for this. Just add Operating Cash Flow 1-Yr and Capitalization Indicators to the Chart.

Working with Indicators

And Drag and Drop the Operating Cash Flow 1-Yr Indicator onto the Capitalization Indicator and select Plot Comparison | Ratio.

Comparison Plots

You can then just add a Moving Average to the Comparison Plot. Optionally, you can delete the Operating Cash Flow 1-Yr and Capitalization Indicators used to make the Comparison Plot.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 3:23:00 PM

Worden Trainer

The technique is something that works in StockFinder. TC2000 is a completely different program and does not have this drag and drop feature.

That said, you can add the Operating Cash Flow 1-Yr indicator to the chart. You can click on the name of the indicator at the top of the pane in which it plotted and select Ceate Scan Condition to create conditions based on Operating Cash Flow. 1-Yr. You can select Copy to WatchList or Report to add it as a WatchList Column.

You can also select Add Column at the top of the WatchList to add it as a WatchList Column or select Edit Conditions | Add Condition to add an EasyScan Condition based on Opreating Cash Flow 1-Yr to an EasyScan without plotting it on the chart first.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles