Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Suggestions Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
0002ct
Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 1:22:26 PM

Hello.
Just a few feature suggestions that have come to mind:

A Natural Language-Outputter
If a formula can validate without errors, how about just parsing it to output a natural-language version of the formula? If this was possible, writing basic formulas in natural language would be within reach.

Scan, formula, and condition notes
The ability to comment in formulas would be helpful. When hovering over a column header, say, one could see a popup with notes. Sometimes it's helpful to go beyond descriptions crammed into the header field.

ASCII character output in table data
In columns, return and color ascii characters of a wide variety (beyond checks, Xs, or values).

Sum-of-conditions-met column:
A "meta" column that will count the number of colums in a watchlist or scan that meet a condition. For example, I have a bunch of conditions as criteria. I'd like a column at the end to count the number of colums returning "true checkmarks" as a number and then sort by that ranking. This will help comparision among candidates.

Ranking Method:
Similar to the above, but a ranking feature. A user would ascribe a certain value (1-10) to columns. The Ranking Output column would calculate the declarations, possibly using variables and references. The output is a score than can rank candidates more precisely and according to a specific calculation.

0002ct
Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 9:36:15 AM

Thought I'd keep a running list here as thoughts come to mind.

DISTRIBUTION

I'd like to see some statistics tools. For example, I'd like to see a distribution of conditions-true for a given paramater. For instance, show me a distrubution of the number of true conditions met for crossess of the lower BB if I have defined a range for SD and a range for the period.

I'd like to see the output in a table similar to the grid used for watchlists. The columns might represent the distribution curve from left to right, with the highest occurences in the center. The cells would output the parameters for that segment of the disribution.

shiny
Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 7:27:33 PM

Aslo, after-hours/pre-market scans would be unbeatable. I belive that it would make TC2000 the perfect software.

Is it something that we might see in a future?

0002ct
Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 11:57:32 AM

The ability to draw horizontal lines across the entire screen (e.g. through all the panes/charts).

0002ct
Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 11:58:09 AM

Ugh. I meant vertical lines. The ability to draw vertical lines that span the screen. Sometimes I like to align chart events with plots above and below.

Ergoglobe
Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 12:43:57 PM

Hello! Thank you for this amazing software, still learning more every day and it keeps getting better and better.

A) A coloring tool for the drawing toolset to paint multiple lines with a single click rather than having to edit and change the color

B) A way to highlight monthly expiry dates on options on the stock chart, i spend about 3 to 4 minutes setting up vertical lines on every stock i look at but want certain dates highlighted ( earnings too )

Thank you!

0002ct
Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 1:21:53 PM

No need to reply; just keeping notes.

suggestion: a feature to automatically email a screenshots of a given whole-screen layout on a given interval to a given email address/es.

--related, trigger the same screenshot based on rule. e.g. "if SPY is crossing over the 20EMA, take a screenshot of "SPY WATCH" layout and email to dude@geocities.com."

reason: sometimes a picture is worth a thousand alert configurations.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:18:33 PM

Worden Trainer

I kind of do need to reply with at least the "Thank you for your suggestion.", or I won't know if I have submitted the suggestion to development yet or not (this has been submitted as have all of the suggestions above it).

I can delete my old replies to make the page shorter however.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
0002ct
Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 5:20:45 PM

Oh, got it. I just meant no need to spend time if it was discretionary. Sustain your workflow as needed and reply away. ;)

fast70gs
Posted : Saturday, October 21, 2017 10:58:13 AM

On the Quadrant Lines tool, having the option to extend the center line to the right would be helpful.

bcochrane
Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 2:52:43 AM

I would add a request or suggestion for a Cycle drawing tool. Something like the Quadrant tool or Fib Time Zones, but Vertical, and with constant, not Fib, distances between lines.It would be useful for highlighting visually repetitive patterns, such as monthly or quarterly cycles, such as behaviour between earnings announcements.

0002ct
Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 10:25:58 AM

ideas:

more decimal places:
in panes, abilty to select number of decimal places for the side scale. Some ratios have meaningful changes occuring in the hundredths and it could be useful to get into the thousdandths.

panes as objects:
ability to copy/paste panes within layouts (and/or name and save them as objects, which would make it faster to place them in other layouts).

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 10:46:12 AM

Worden Trainer

You can save a pane by clicking on one of the indicators in the pane and select Save as Indicator....

How to Save an Indicator After Editing

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
0002ct
Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 11:36:31 AM

Thank you for the pointer above, Bruce. Helpful.

idea:
animations/transitions. I had an idea: what If I were able to set a visual toggle between two overlayed chart types (Heiken and candlestick), where one fades in while the other fades out on some interval? I'm looking at a pane right now of a ticker and would love to see heiken for five seconds and then candles for five, etc.

replay: be able to see redraw the time series of a given ticker between two periods. the animations should compress the data so that it's essentially a recreation of the market's actual time at various prices (not a linear redrawing but a scaled recreation of price at time).

0002ct
Posted : Friday, October 27, 2017 10:02:08 AM

idea:

custom chart libraries. one interesting type might be to visually mark the start-of-week and end-of-week bars on a long timeseries, or a tool that would let users style selected bars by rule (day of week, every X bars, weekday number, economic cal overlays, etc.)

cycle finding: use conditions as the basis for regression analysis over a period to meet cyclical criteria. What this would do look for significant frequencies of a given condition true over a period as a function of that occurence's periodicity. Periodicity could be tendency toward a day of week, a number of bars, price action after a given hi/lo; market breadth condition, etc.

team layouts: maybe a special layout type that would make it possible for users to invite one abother (from within the TC ecology, not "anyone") and have sidebar comms and data sharing.

0002ct
Posted : Wednesday, November 1, 2017 10:32:18 AM

Idea: 
When adding a horizontal line drawing at price, the ability to input a label and label position on the Edit Horizontal Line interface.

E.g.
color
value
label [text input]
label position [above price, below price, left, indent left]

Output would be something like:

safety stop

or 
                             safety stop

robbiefx125
Posted : Wednesday, November 1, 2017 2:11:10 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

For watchlists and charts, I'd like the ability to include additional emojis - like a star, square, triangle, etc.

0002ct
Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:02:56 AM

Suggestion:

Symbol references. Make it possible to:

-get correlations / build correlation matrices; e.g. SPY's correlation to [watchlist]

-evaluate specific events, e.g.: "when[SPY] does this, count if true/false that [watchlist] did that"

-evaluate pairs for a wide variety of pairs-trading criteria (divergences, etc.)

fast70gs
Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 10:37:36 AM

A few more ideas;

If the current candles close passes up through a trend line or price level, the line changes color. The same for if it passes down through a trend line. You could choose the primary, pass up, and pass down colors. You could choose whether it reverted to the primary color on the next candle or not.

A watchlist column for charts with price crossing up or down a trendline.

A slider that would fade all the drawings on the chart at once.

A slider that would fade all the plots on the chart at once.

To be able to place text on a chart that would link to another chart. A link on the SPXL chart could bring up SPXS, or a link on the COPX chart could bring up iX1090.

A plot style like "Last line horizontal" that would plot every candle that way. You could choose Right, At bar, Left, Line length, and Plot opacity. You could also choose how many candles to the left to plot. "100" would plot lines for only the last 100 candles.

The ability to move drawings, plots, or price in front of or behind other drawings, plots, or price.

Thanks!

fast70gs
Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 11:38:05 AM

Also,

The ability to turn off the zero line on the Fib Retracement tool.

fast70gs
Posted : Sunday, February 25, 2018 11:13:07 AM

(I know some suggestions are going to be repeats, but here's another!)

To be able to change the background color of the chart using conditions. For example, if the 200sma is below the 50sma, the background would change to green, or maybe it could be an overlay and you could adjust the opacity.

Thanks!

bcochrane
Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 1:53:05 PM

Fiddling with my signals etc this weekend, it would have saved me some key strokes if, when I have changed a chart setup in one Layout, and I want that change to be reflected  in other layouts, if I was presented a third choice for chart action. The current two are Delete and Replace. My suggestion is a third option, Update, which would seek the current Chart layout of that name and Replace it for me.

Not a biggie in terms of benefit, just usability, but perhaps not too hard to implement.

Cheers

fast70gs
Posted : Monday, April 2, 2018 12:24:47 PM

I can select a drawing and move it to another board, but it would be great if I could copy it to another board.  I have different time frames on different boards, and sometimes I want to copy a trend line from a higher time frame board to a lower timeframe board.

Mad Marsupial
Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:05:23 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

I requested this several years ago and it still hasn't been added to TC.

Please add "Area" and especially "Heiken-Ashi" plot styles when using the Ctrl+B function to flip through plot styles.

It's cumbersoum to have to go into Chart Properties, Plot Styles, click a drop box and select Heiken-Ashi just to get to a Heiken chart. If you are using a Heiken chart, as soon as you use Ctrl+B to get to another plot style, you have to double back through the same sequence just to get back to a Heiken chart.

Thanks,

Drew

0002ct
Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 11:00:15 AM

I dream of being able to upload a .csv to draw horizontal lines on a chart.

0002ct
Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 10:01:25 AM

I'd like a dropdown to change TimeFrames for an entire watchlist/scan at once.

• I have a watchlist wiith a bunch of columns with a bunch of formulas in all different timeframes.
  • I want to mouse up to the header, click an "Apply TimeFrame" dropdown, and then select one. If a given selected timeframe can't work with a given column's formula+output for whatever reason, a "NA" outputted for that cell suffices.
  • Maybe this function would be next to the Scan checkbox or something.

Thank you

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 10:12:43 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bobje
Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 2:32:42 PM

Add timeframe link on watchlist scans and/or columns to match chart timeframe link.  Watchlist should/could use the link from the chart to use for the scan and/or watchlist timeframe as appropriate to the displayed chart --- linked, not linked, colored link --- whatever.