Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TC2000.x - a wish list Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
icookwithwine
Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 12:46:43 PM

I think TC2000 is one of the best, if not the best charting software out there, and I worked with quiet a few.

Nevertheless there are few important features I would love to see implemented in the next versions. 

This is my wishlist:

- A way to see the next earnigs release date and next dividend date.

- Alerts in the watchlist - so if I have a series of symbols I am tracking in a watchlist and I am looking for a condition to be triggered I can just put the alert on the column and not having to do it manually for each symbol. 

- a more modern scripting language (Realcode would be good).  Yes, I am amazed how much you can get out of PCFs formulas but, come on... we aren't in the '80s anymore.

Thank you

Mauro

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 11:26:17 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestions.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
nbkm7l1
Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 10:57:06 PM

I would love to see more Advance Decline Line indicators like a "Operating Companies Only" A/D Line for all issues.  Not sure if possible, would be great to be able to create A/D Lines by Industry and Sectors.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2016 9:36:59 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
RLKMac
Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2016 11:42:30 AM

I'd really like to see a simple addition of triangular moving averages.

thx!

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 9:56:06 AM

Worden Trainer

As a workaround, you can apply a simple moving average to a simple moving average of the same period and then drag the opacity setting of the first simple moving average all the way to the left so it isn't visible.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
ZC
Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 10:09:06 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

It'll be nice to have the ability to programmaticly :

1. change a price bar color or indicator segment color depending upon calculated conditions
  2. change the backgroud color of the price plot or an indicator plot between two date/bars
  3. plot a symbol (ex: red/green arrow or inverted arrow) on the graph to indicate special events (like EMA cross)

ZC.

Putt4Dough
Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 10:19:54 AM

Hi ZC,

• I asked for #1 years ago, along with many others. Great idea; I'm sure it's on the list. It's just a looong list.
  • I like #2. Would come in handy.
  • #3 is doable. You'll have to "settle" for dots intstead of arrows, but it's no big deal, at least to me. Unfortunately, it takes PCFs. Fortunately, Bruce is a PCF Wizard, and in your example, he can plot colored dots when EMAs cross in less time than it takes you to read this. 

Good luck!

ZC
Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 3:08:06 PM

After having read some posts on the PCFs, EasyScan and Custom Indicators topic I have a new suggestion. One that will greatly enhance TC2000 user’s ability to develop custom indicators and greatly simplify the life of Mr. Bruce L.

In other technical analysis softwares I have used, it is possible, using the embedded custom language, to call other indicators to construct the current indicator.

Example 1: when constructing your own indicator, if you need an EMA(21) you will not compute it yourself, instead you will call the ema(close,20) function that is part of the library provided by the tool.

It is also possible to call just a constituent of an indicator: Example 2: if you need to compute a channel width, you can call keltnerChannel(close,20).top - keltnerChannel(close,20).bottom, without having to compute the Keltner channel yourself.

Ultimately your own custom indicators are also available in the library and you can call them to construct more elaborated custom indicator/oscillator.

It will be nice to see TC2000’s PCF language upgraded to provide that kind of possibilité.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 9:16:13 AM

Worden Trainer

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
johndee
Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 11:01:39 AM

suggestions:

- option spreads

- combinations of any tickers (+ - * /)

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 9:03:14 AM

Worden Trainer

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
robbiefx125
Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2017 5:02:54 PM

Telechart began as a charting package. Currently, TC2000 V17 offers many capabilities that were never expected.

However, we always want improvements. Personally, at this time, I am not interested in the Trading feature. But I am thankful that Worden continues to provide resources to improve the basic capabilities.

I'd like to re-iterate a previous suggestion that has been a feature of programs like Amibroker for 15 or so years. Namely, to be able to reference a custom indicator by its saved name and to be able to refer to custom indicators of custom indicators.

For example, say an indicator is called Momentum_Highs. I'd like the ability to do something like:

stoc5.2(Momentum_Highs.4) in a PCF.

It seems like the product is getting closer to this capability. It would sure help with some of Bruce's amazingly long PCFs.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:31:53 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion. It could definitely make formulas shorter.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Bafflor
Posted : Sunday, June 4, 2017 10:45:08 PM

You guys continue to keep hitting home runs with every new version.  Here is my wishlist for future additions.  I would love to see investors.com and zacks.com added to the "open finance sites for active symbol" drop down selection.  I reference both of these sites regularly, as I imange, so do a lot of tc2000 users.  Thanks!

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 10:31:49 AM

Worden Trainer

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles