Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Some questions about stockfinder and tc2000 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
spartakis
Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 7:57:39 PM

I have used tc2000 for years. I have a couple questions about stockfinder.

What is the main difference between the two?

I like having a app I can scan from and look at on my phone, does not look like stockfinder has one or does it?

You can have stockfinder without tc2000 right?

Can stockfinder​5 send you alerts?

I would love to run some back test on some of my scans and see results but not sure if I want to make the move.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 11:15:47 AM

Worden Trainer

I'm going to start from the bottom and work backwards.

StockFinder doesn't have alerts.

You can have StockFinder without TC2000.

StockFinder does not have an app.

You would probably be fairly comfortable using StockFinder if you have used TC2000. That said, there are major differences.

StockFinder downloads all of the data to your computer while TC2000 has the data stored on our servers.

StockFinder has a full programming lanugage based on Visual Basic called RealCode while TC2000 has a formula language called the Personal Criteria Formula Language.

StockFinder has a backtester called BackScanner built in while TC2000 does not have any built in backtesting.

StockFinder can carry US Mutual Funds and Stocks and Canadian Stocks. TC2000 can carry Forex, US Stocks, Mutual Funds and Options and Canadian Stocks.

StockFinder does not have trading. You can actually trade in TC2000 using TC2000 Brokerage.

Probably most importantly, StockFinder is no longer in development. It isn't going to get any new features or bug fixes. TC2000 is currently in development and getting new features all the time.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
spartakis
Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 8:00:40 PM

Thanks Bruce. One more question, will TC2000 have back testing in the near future?

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 9:17:38 AM

Worden Trainer

I do not know when or if TC2000 will ever have built in backtesting. Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles