Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Looking for help drawing an automated trend line. Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
limitless4646
Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 11:37:28 PM

I was hoping you could help me draw a trendline line this one for the on the rsi. The trendline goes from one high to the next high to the next high. If you have any questions please let me know.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:21:15 PM

Worden Trainer

If it just went from one high to the next high it would not be a problem. We could just connect the two most recent "highs" and be done with it. But there are lots of highs that it skips.

You also can't say something like draw a line that connects two highs but doesn't intersect any other highs. You can connect the peaks of the first two bits to go above 70 and it wouldn't intersect anything else, but it would be a way different line than what was drawn.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
limitless4646
Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:27:17 PM

Is there anything you can send me so I can try it out to see how it work?

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:32:04 PM

Worden Trainer

No, I really don't have any ideas on how you would write this. My best suggestion would be to add a Linear Regression to the indicator.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
rwstapleton
Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 3:43:08 PM

hello,

i understand this is quite an old topic but im looking to do this with an AI. i have a gold subscription to TC so i was looking to do it on version 7 in c++ but thas going to be a pain. i havent used stockfinder before but it seems like a better place to implement as its writen in .NET. my question is can i intergrate the ML.NET which is microsofts new machine learning API into stockfinder?  

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2018 9:29:46 AM

Worden Trainer

The security model of RealCode does not allow for the use of all of the functionality of VB.NET, so I am pretty sure you won't be able to utilize ML.NET functionality at least within StockFinder itself (but have asked just to make sure).

You might be able to export the data and then use ML.NET for analysis oustide of StockFinder.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles