Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Market Direction Discussion Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
traderc
Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 5:32:46 PM

I am creating this topic to discuss what people use to determine Market Direction. All feedback, example and questions welcome. Maybe we can simpify to the lowest common denominator to help all.

Lithoprinter
Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 1:13:52 PM

[QUOTE=traderc]

I am creating this topic to discuss what people use to determine Market Direction. All feedback, example and questions welcome. Maybe we can simpify to the lowest common denominator to help all.

I look at weekly stochastics, volume and of course price.  For market direction I check DIA, SPY, XLF, IWM and SMH.  When they are all moving the same direction I will buy stocks if the weekly stochastic is moving up and the price and volume show strong buying. 

traderc
Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 7:58:27 PM

Thanks Lithoprinter trying to uploads my charts hope to get this off the ground this week when I figure out the problem.

rctrade

traderc
Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 8:07:53 PM

Wow I had to use Firefox to get this loaded after a week of fighting with Edge and Chrome.

Here is one of my sscreens I look at that gives me a breath and reversion(Oversold, overbought)

traderc
Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2017 8:15:29 PM

Here is my basic Index screen I use for S&P, QQQ, IWM,VTI.

I split screen for weekly and daily to provide direction(Trend or consolidation)

On the daily chart I am playng with connersRSI, Price distance between the 20 and 50dma - not really using this yet. I would like to add an overbought over sold indicator to my screen oon daily. Still working that.