Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TechniTrader trading course Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
larryfoy
Posted : Monday, October 9, 2006 2:13:23 PM
I’m currently taking the TechniTrader course and am in the paper trading phase. I would like to hear from anyone else out that is using or has tried the TechniTrader system. Thanks
Apsll
Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2006 1:59:38 PM

I have just finished it, Very good reading have already made my money back..E-mail me at (email removed by Moderator)
Apsll
Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2006 2:01:37 PM

The reading goes along with a 12 DVD set
BigBlock
Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2006 8:55:36 PM
I sure haven't, but I have heard from friends and colleges that it is a waste of money and energy.
If you want to learn the real thing, then you must play the real thing. I am sure that if you spend the same kind of time just investigating the real market and finding the answers to the specific things you don't understand as they arrive in time, you would be way ahead.
good luck
Bigblock.
Apsll
Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:36:04 AM

Larry focus on the info.. It does work all of it. Back test the information and you will see. The people it does not work for are the ones that are not using it correctly..
BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:29:40 PM
Traders are made of personalities, not courses. Most of the basic needed info can be cheaply acquired from books - some is hands on experience. I do not know a single soul who has capitalized from any courses because of the course itself. The few I know would had capitalized with no course at all. It is you not the course.
Good luck
Bigblock.
jimstacy
Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2006 1:49:06 AM
I like a good step by step course, I studied my brothers course "Gann" it was more effort than I wanted to put in at that time, profitable at times, I still find it useful. I read all the Elliot Wave I could find, when I found Wyckoff's Method of investing, active trading etc... this was what I thought a good course should have, a step by step from the introduction(I refuse to read or study introductions after this course, it was complete) to advanced, with a short options introduction, and tape reading and active trading as a extra for any one with the extra interest. this had taped(no cds at that time) training to go over as much as needed. it was professional, tests were graded( that wasn't always great)questions were encourged. after the completion, there were market letters, phone messages, and later some faxes. I enjoyed the phone messages, my attempt to write my thoughts before I conected, was a good learning process. for me it was great, I admire those who can learn from a book, for me it always left me feeling I missed something. maybe the revised edition???:)s
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:26:20 AM

Well put everyone, Techni-Trader focuses on buy signals backed up with positive inicators. I find the most reliable buy signal to be the spring board..Look at ECIL for a good example I am making a fortune with this right now.. will sell end of today. CCUR is a good spring board the indicators suggest a buy now or tomorrow morning..And you are right in what you said BigBlock it is ones own style and experiance that makes the trader.I just thing Techni-Trader is a good beginers learning tool..

Good trading to all..
singletail09
Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2006 7:47:19 PM
I've been trading for about 5-6 years and have done alright all things considered. I looked at the technitrader free DVD and found it had some interesting things. After a long while and much consideration for the cost of the course, went ahead and purchased it - was tired of the losses and trying to find the right stock to play and when to paly it. The course has really helped with buying signals, using indicators etc. Not necessarily something I didn't know before, just more refinement with a few different twists. I'm just now finishing the course and have started to trade again. Time will tell how valuable the information and training are...if I stick to the course/plan. I plan to do some position trading until I can build my capital back up some and then move on to swing trading. Flipping penny's everday is fun but can be a lot of work. Think I'll stick with position trading for right now. GLTA
Sir Bollinger band width
Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:54:56 PM
QUOTE (BigBlock)
Traders are made of personalities, not courses. Most of the basic needed info can be cheaply acquired from books - some is hands on experience. I do not know a single soul who has capitalized from any courses because of the course itself. The few I know would had capitalized with no course at all. It is you not the course.
Good luck Bigblock.

Man those are heavy words! You are one bad dude.

Remember Newton's 4th law of motion.

The growth in one's portfolio is inversely related to the amount of trading activity in one's account. This is actually compliments of the Sage of Omaha.

<:o)
trail888
Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2006 12:21:39 AM
I am finishing going thru the cd's for the 3rd time. I think the course is great and well worth the money. The way they tell you to enter buys and exit saved me plenty since I switched. There is plenty of good info from history to product cycle, to how to read the general market. Plus their stock scans have found me more winners then I have been able to buy. The money management and stop lose rules save me so far. I think they give a good set of rules to trade by and followed as prescribed it's great. I mainly swing and some position trading. They will give you sets of rules for any style including shorting. I am very glad I bought it.
aurelio87
Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 1:52:59 PM

Hi guys. Ten years after your last post, is there anyone who wants to share his experience of trading, armed with Technitrader knowledge? Has it been worth it? Is it still valid?

kcbitsupply
Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:15:34 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I would like to know the answer to that question too!

juaninc
Posted : Friday, January 20, 2017 4:52:35 PM

I have taken a few of the Technitraders' courses. While I have not made my money back yet, I think I have gained valuable knowledge of trading. I would say that I am not a fast learner and have reviewed the courses several times over. Each time I review the materials I always find something that I missed from before, or now have a better understanding because I have had the chance to practise and fail. I will say that my not making any money thus far is frustrating, but it is also my fault as I was not following the instructions  as laid out. I started out fine, but I guess I contracted "Procedural Drift". I was not utilizing the student support. I was not referring back to their wiki files with enough frequency. When I finally looked at their wiki files I had noticed that a lot more content had been added  than I saw before. Last fall  (2016) I finally sent an email of frustration to the support team of why I was not achieving successful trades of 75% or greater. I was contacted immediately by the support team via email, then by phone to review, and  evaluate my knowledge of the materials taught with corrections or suggestions following. That call helped a lot and gave me more structure and focus on the materials. One thing that I found that helped me is to print out, screen shot, highlight, and comment  on the charts  for referral later on. By the way, that is one of the things  that Martha mentions to do. I was not doing that before.

What I can say about Technitrader is this; I did not know a lot about the stock market and chart analysis until I took their course. There is a lot of content in each one of their courses which requires multiple viewing and reading. I now try to utilize the student support before I get to deep into my mistakes. I now subscribe to their Daily Market Education report which is an additional cost, but I am learning through that venue as well. Worth the money to me.

Technitrader definitely has a defined process, and methodical way of teaching their programs. I can see this being difficult for an experienced or knowledgeable trader who has had some success in the market and having their own method of doing things. I say to that; If you are going to spend the money then you need to be the student with an open mind with material and procedures, and let them be the teacher. I am fortunate as I did not have a lot of experience trading. Some of my trades worked some did not, and I wanted to learn why.

I hope my reply helps whoever is reading this. I have invested a lot of money into the Technitrader courses and therefor hopefully myself and my financial future. That being said I am ALL&hellip;.IN. By the way I live in Canada and the Canadian dollar is about 70% of the U.S. dollar. So I pay 30% more, plus banking fees for Technitrader courses and subscriptions, and TC2000 subscriptions than my fellow traders in the United States. 

I could say more but I think I have said enough. Everything I said is my experience and my humble opinion.

Juan

Hayniet4
Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 1:28:57 PM

Um.... I did great out of the gate.   Then when i bgan to have trouble doing what I thought was the same thing I found them to be agravtingly vague about what I was doing wrong.

NOW their scans are protected so I can't look into them with gained knowledge.  they are fine if you know NOTHING and want to be spoon fed.

I never got a clear sense of what seperates good candidates from bad definatively.  Trading their list and scan results worked well most of the time i was with them.  BUT it was a raging bull market and I wonder looking back if I didn't underperform. 

I'm looking at Hit and Run now myself.  He gives away his PCFs and dosent make GURU Crystal Ball like statements.  I bought their kickstart dvd from worden and was dissapointed.  It was a comercial for their course essentially.

Unless they have changed some of thier indicator settings and combos don't make math sense as they are set up.  But they may work for them.  

As I've gone on my own and learned more its becoming clear just how random the short term market is.  I think they hesitate to state that fact.  Short term market movement are chaotic and statisticaly nearly random.  

Testing entries usually dosent go well.... at least as they are stated in the books.  

Now if there is some magical filter set I forgot or can't find then that would explain my struggles.

ddayrock
Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 10:55:25 PM

What???

855MRZILLA
Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 1:54:27 PM

I would just like to say my goals for 2017 would be two get more knowledge of tc2000 with all the family members that have tc2000 in the community and to work on it having it set up so you can join a actual group where everyone can meet in the morning and it's change ideas obviously to try and find one out here what's there are prices but none of them really cater to penny stocks and some of them can kind of be expensive anywhere from $50 up to $200 of $300  and the ones are 50 bucks a month really just teach you about stocks over $15 really not penny stocks so that's no fun you know what I'm saying so my goal is to put something together where it would be affordable but what is a fair price out there in the market Fair Price could be anywhere between $50  to find a group of people that actually trade stocks under $5 it's very hard most trade rooms the prices can go anywhere between $50 up to $275 easily you know what I'm saying so we need to really start off and find something fun people are just getting in the market knowledge is so great that more people you got in a trading room that's that many eyes looking for stocks and plays you know what I'm saying so that's my golden 2017 to do I'm working on it my whole life but I've just realized. Generations of my family have been using this program looking at old video clips and old pictures and seeing this stuff on the screen is kind of crazy but anyways just wanted to share that story with everybody so hopefully I will be putting out some more post out here it's playing what to do but it would be nice to meet up with some people together in the morning it's changing ideas about the market God bless and I will see you guys soon enough

855MRZILLA
Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 1:57:59 PM

QUOTE (larryfoy)
I&rsquo;m currently taking the TechniTrader course and am in the paper trading phase. I would like to hear from anyone else out that is using or has tried the TechniTrader system. Thanks

I heard about it went to the website and checked it out but I really didn't poke around what price and stuff they didn't have a thing listed on what causes they had but one thing I do know that we are lacking is someone like yourself is you doing the cause but then you have no where to go to meet a group of people that are using the program that you're using the trade stocks that's what I'm trying to lunch cuz it would be nice to get somebody that's into the same things I am which a penny stocks under $5 that's hard to come by is that what your trade-in if you don't mind me asking

855MRZILLA
Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:01:03 PM

QUOTE (Hayniet4)

Um.... I did great out of the gate.   Then when i bgan to have trouble doing what I thought was the same thing I found them to be agravtingly vague about what I was doing wrong.

NOW their scans are protected so I can't look into them with gained knowledge.  they are fine if you know NOTHING and want to be spoon fed.

I never got a clear sense of what seperates good candidates from bad definatively.  Trading their list and scan results worked well most of the time i was with them.  BUT it was a raging bull market and I wonder looking back if I didn't underperform. 

I'm looking at Hit and Run now myself.  He gives away his PCFs and dosent make GURU Crystal Ball like statements.  I bought their kickstart dvd from worden and was dissapointed.  It was a comercial for their course essentially.

Unless they have changed some of thier indicator settings and combos don't make math sense as they are set up.  But they may work for them.  

As I've gone on my own and learned more its becoming clear just how random the short term market is.  I think they hesitate to state that fact.  Short term market movement are chaotic and statisticaly nearly random.  

Testing entries usually dosent go well.... at least as they are stated in the books.  

Now if there is some magical filter set I forgot or can't find then that would explain my struggles.

hi 

So what are you trying to understand why you are struggling and what DVD-R you're talking about I didn't know they had one out is it based on tc2000 or some of the program look tc2000

855MRZILLA
Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:02:42 PM

QUOTE (Apsll)
I have just finished it, Very good reading have already made my money back..E-mail me at (email removed by Moderator)

What are you talking about your meal I'll email I would be interested can you send me it through TC email thank you

855MRZILLA
Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:05:37 PM

QUOTE (BigBlock)
I sure haven't, but I have heard from friends and colleges that it is a waste of money and energy.
If you want to learn the real thing, then you must play the real thing. I am sure that if you spend the same kind of time just investigating the real market and finding the answers to the specific things you don't understand as they arrive in time, you would be way ahead.
good luck
Bigblock.

You do need a strategy Plan before you even head into the market every day of the market is a different day you know what I'm saying so we need to have a goal we going to the market so I do think you do need a plan of action to proceed from correct but not I mean it's always good to practice trading if you join a new broker and you want to use it so why don't you practice be portrayed in first on that platform so you know that make a real trade so you don't make a mistake cuz you know what key you could be off and instead of buying a thousand Treasure by 3 million but yeah I get your point but I'm thank you big block that's a lot of good knowledge there

855MRZILLA
Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:16:54 PM

What makes a good day trader in the stock market,  is the tools that person has at the time obviously this generation in 2017 has launched all kinds of new programs alright got out there in the market we are very thankful that teach  we have this wonderful program out here for the stock market and options too bye WORDEN'S NEWEST SOFTWARE, VERSION 17 OF TC2000.  And with all the new advances coming out with different other programs at least this one is definitely in the price range for everybody there should be no excuse why anybody can not afford this cuz this program is very well price I love it right now I have the middle plan which is the gold plan which is very affordable the real time stock data real-time index Dater and I love it and for that price it's well worth its weight in gold I mean we go out to dinner we spend $65 on dinner and we can spend that same amount of money on the gold plan with those two extra fees on top for $63 and then for extra 60 bucks we can go up to the pro version which is even wonderful but I just want to sink tc2000 for an affordable program that everybody can use and they've been winning all kinds of awards it's time for us to take it to the Next Generation cuz we really need to get the program going further and the best way for knowledge is 2 launch something with think they did it before they do the web sent the webinar seminars which would be awesome I wish they could get back into that that would be good but it is a Sunday afternoon and their technical support is awesome email support phone support it's really awesome you just give them an idea and I'll get back to you I do apologize I have dyslexia sometimes my words might be off a little bit but I just wanted to stay in this statement that I love this program and I'm having it for life thank you and God bless everybody hope everyone has a good day trading and I am going to go and do a video on and I'm going to go shoot a video on how to make an  easy scan for penny stocks  and I am tweaking the Perfection of it but I think I found the sweet spot which is pretty good and I wish I had a group of people I could share that knowledge with because with more people in the group and you get a hundred people looking for all the feelers out there for stocks imagine the power we can have Michael Teixeira's to go upgrade to the next plan is my gold but then again I guess the newsletter would be sufficient enough so thank you very much andlet's join a community and make it bigger God bless dear mr. 855MRZILLA 

855MRZILLA
Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 2:23:17 PM

Looking for some people that would like to  interested in ideas back and forth penny stocks under $5 so if you want to hit me up so we can go over some awesome penny stocks okay thank you easy scans for penny stocks  so hit me up if anybody's interested in that alright see everybody later 

855MRZILLA
Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 1:10:33 PM

I would just like to know. Has anyone tried the second version? 17 yet.
Just wanted to know. If you guys like the first version of the second version. I think the second version is a lot more smoother. But then again, that's my own opinion. I definitely am working on a color grid shot. We can pass on our favorite color layouts. Thank you and God bless.