Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Russell 2000 How do I get the chart? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
evan59
Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 5:34:20 AM

I'm wondering about how to get a chart for the Russell 2000.  Previously I'd type $R and it along with the other Russell charts would pop up.  Why don't they now and is there another way to get the Russell 2000 chart?  Thanks, Evan

diceman
Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 9:19:23 AM

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=65927

You could probably use IWM as a 2000 replacement.

Thanks

Putt4Dough
Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 10:59:37 AM

Hi Evan,

I used to use RUJ myself but am using IWM as a proxy as diceman suggests (great minds think alike!).

This sounded familiar so I searched my email archives. Got the email below at the end of August. Check your spam filters. Check your profile's email address. Or contact support and make sure you're on the distribution list for future email updates.

Anyways, fyi - here's Worden's August 31st email...

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Worden Brothers Inc. <info@wordenbrothers.cc> wrote:

Beginning October 1, 2016, the following indexes and watchlists may no longer be available in TC2000 due to new fees being imposed by one of our data vendors.

RUI-X, RLG-X, RLV-X, RUT-X, RUO, RUJ, RUA-X, RAG, RAV, R25IG, R25I, R25IV, RITEC.X, RIENG.X, RIFIN.X

The following iShares ETF's and watchlists will remain and might work as replacements for these indexes.

IWB, IWF, IWD, IWM, IWO, IWN, IWV

We hope to resolve this before October by making a fair deal with our vendor or by adding an a-la-carte feed of these items for a small fee. We'll update you when we know more. Our goal is to provide you with the highest quality service & data at a fair price.

Please let us know if you have any comments by emailing support@tc2000.com.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chris Worden, President
Worden Brothers, Inc.

Contact Info:
PO Box 1139
Wilmington, NC 28402
Sales & Support: 1-800-776-4940 or 1-919-408-0542

TC2000 Brokerage, Inc. and Worden Brothers, Inc. are separate companies affiliated through common ownership. All securities are offered through TC2000 Brokerage, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC
evan59
Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2016 6:57:23 AM

Thanks to both diceman and Putt4Dough for your very good answers.  Evan

Putt4Dough
Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2016 11:18:21 AM

Happy to help. Good luck!

CapGain
Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 11:41:16 AM

why not just copy a list of the russell indexes into a new watchlist ?  

Java56
Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:25:31 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

If you want the stocks on the Russel 2000 in a watchlist you can get them at barchart.com.  Then drop it in a watch list.  I do this about every 2 months.  I set it up as a shortcut in my browser and it takes about 40 seconds to do.  I scan the Russel a lot so I need the stocks .

This is the shortcut:

https://www.barchart.com/stocks/indices/russell/russell2000

Across the top you should see "flipcharts" and "download", I just select download and it gives me around 2000 stocks that I put in a spreadsheet then copy the symbols and simply paste them in to telechart, TC2000 and stockfinder.  This is a fix, but it isn't as good as the great data we get from Worden.

If I want the index, it is available on just about any website or you can use the EFTs that others have has listed.

The beauty of the Worden software is that you can adapt,  it easy, quick and it is inexpensive.

GreenTiger
Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 3:14:50 PM

I'm realtively new to TC2000 and to the stock market in general, so maybe I'm missing something in regards to the reasoning behind why the russel 2000 index isnt provided; "due to new fees being imposed by one of our data vendors."  It seems strange that I can use any other FREE charting software and be able to access that information through that provider, but with the pricing we pay for TC2000 something as basic as the russel 2000 isnt included...seems strange to me.  If anyone can elaborate on why its free everywhere else but not in TC2000 even though Im paying the monthly fee, Im all ears.  Thanks