Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Software API for downloading data using R Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
fritzmiller
Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 8:26:36 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Hi,

I'm currently using TC2000 v7 to download data to my PC, extract data to CSV files, transfer to my MAC, and then use R for analytics.  Because I purchased a cheap PC just for the download, it's a slow process overall.  What are my options for downloading price data to my MAC?

I've seen that there's a TC2000 developer kit, but don't have any info about that, can you please send?  Best yet, is there a way that I can obtain daily data using a software API call from my MAC using R?

Thanks,

Fritz

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 9:13:42 AM

Worden Trainer

The TCDK is available here, but I don't think it has a way to automate the download. You may be able to access the data directly in R using the API however which might save some time.

TeleChart Developer Kit (TCDK)

On a PC at least you can set up the download to happen automatically using third party programs without using the TCDK. Basically if you can do it by typing on the keyboard and moving and clicking with the mouse, you can probably do it with an automatation program of some sort. A search for AutoIT (one of many such programs) returns the following forum topics.

Timed Internet Updates
Automation - updating data on a schedule
auto update
Telechart and AutoIT script - have to be logged into windows
Automatic database update w/TC2000V7
Macro Express Unhooked on Version 7
TC2000 API or AutoIt use?

I have not reviewed these topics for content as we cannot actually provide support for third party products.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles