Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Mechanical Buy and Sell Signals Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
dballski
Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2015 6:00:50 PM

Are there any Mechanical Buy and Sell Signals I can setup to move in and out of Index ETF's?

Putt4Dough
Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2015 7:03:30 PM

Hi dballski, the trainers can't give advice, so my guess is Bruce will move your question to the Stock and Market Talk forum where other members might see it and respond.

Just one quick piece of advice: you're probably going to have to be a little more specific with your question :)

Good luck!

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 9:28:01 AM

Worden Trainer

And Putt4Dough is correct.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
wwrightjuly4
Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 1:17:47 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

From the book "High Probability ETF Trading" by Larry Conners.

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=44641

Regional Systematic Momentum Model

dballski
Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:46:09 PM

Can I play an arrow, or change a bar color based on a condition I write?  Ever other charting program I have used allows this.   How do I accomplish this in T2000.

Example:  I want an up arrow when the CCI crosses above -100 or crosses below +100

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:53:16 PM

Worden Trainer

You plot a colored dot at a specified value when a requirement is met using a Custom PCF Indicator plotted in the same pane and scale as another indicator. For example, the following settings would plot a blue dot at the high of the bar whenever price is above the close of the previous bar when plotted in the same pane and scale as price.

- Plot Style: Dot
- Plot Color: Blue
- Period: 1
- Average Type: Doesn't matter (because the Period is 1).
- Formula: H / ABS(C > C1)

The part before the /  is the value at which you want to plot the dot. If it involves some sort of calculation, you would probably want to place it in parentheses. The part inside the ABS() is the condition which must be true in order to plot the dot. Nothing is plotted when it is not true because the formula generates a division by zero error.

You would need to have a different Custom PCF Indicator for each color of dot you want to plot.

You could plot a dot for when CCI crosses up or down through through a particular value. You would need to know the period of the CCI in order to create the condition.

CCI INDICATOR

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles