Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Version 12.5 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 1:33:34 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Any chance Version 12.5 will be released today as advertised?  Today is the last day of February (no 29th this year, it's not a Leap Year).

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, March 2, 2015 11:11:20 AM

Worden Trainer

The copy for the S&C advert was written quite some time before the publication date. TC2000 version 12.5 is being worked on, but it has not yet even been released to public beta. That will likely happen before a production version is released.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:23:31 PM

Worden Trainer

You can now run and install the TC2000 version 12.5 beta at:

http://www.tc2000.com/beta

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:31:48 PM

Will do, thanks.

bcochrane
Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:49:26 PM

What will be the vehicle by which details of the new features will be communicated? The Release Notes haven't been updated (at least yet)

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:53:19 PM

Worden Trainer

When the new features are announced, it should be via the release notes. The address of the notes for the beta is different from the address for the notes for the production release, the contents just haven't been updated yet.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Friday, March 6, 2015 9:58:53 AM

Hi Bruce.....where should comments be sent regarding Version 12.5 beta ?

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, March 6, 2015 12:01:57 PM

Worden Trainer

Sending comments to the following email address is probably the quickest way to get things to development.

support@tc2000.com

But I do forward both suggestions and bug reports from the forums to development as well.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bbruin
Posted : Saturday, March 7, 2015 1:01:39 PM

I think there have been many comments sent to support about not being able to adjust the thickness of the Volume bars.  Here is a workaround that I blundered into:

Click on Volume and then Edit.  Change Plot Style to Line - a Line Width box appears, change the Line Width to the thickest line. Now change the Plot Style to Bars.  The thickness of the Volume Bars should now be a bit thicker.

busterram
Posted : Monday, March 9, 2015 1:05:04 AM
Thank you for sharing the beta link. Appreciate it.

I had a chance to play with it. I was little disappointed to see none of the important bugs / features that has been posted in the forum has been fixed. After close to one year of development I was expecting many new features and many bug fixes. 

I will be spending more time on the beta and will work towards to create a blog to highlight all the important bugs and enhancements that has been reported here and pending for a long time that is not fixed. 

The challenge with the current process is, we have no idea how things are prioritized based on user feedback. Its a big black box and the person who makes those calls hides behind without any accountability. Its a shame that managers who ignore users feedback don't have the courtecy to explain themselves why many of the important feedback and bugs that has been reported has not been addressed. 

Tc2000 is a good software with an oppurtunity to become great. But the software development managers are doing an awesome job of preventing that from happening by ignoring all the users feedback. What a shame.

Still holding hope that good things will come out in the near future. 

Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Monday, March 9, 2015 3:07:12 PM

Not much we can do, it's a Third Generation thing.

cbolson
Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 7:16:12 PM

Your workaround to alter the width of volume bars didn't work for me. Does anyone know how to adjust the width of volume and BOP bars? The new setting is too think and it is harder for me to clearly see the patterns and colors.

Thanks!