Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

SF 5 -- what get's updated during intraday trading when update rate is less than time frame selectio Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
SDRODIMER
Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:44:44 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Hi,

I'm using StockFinder 5 and this question is about the relationship between time frame selection and indicator update frequencey.

If I select intraday with a time frame of 1 min, does the price/volume data stream send new values uniformly at 1 min intervals with no other info sent at shorter intervals?

If I have an indicator that I choose to update at 15 sec intervals but am receiving new price/vol data at 1 min intervals, what is getting updated at 15 sec intervals?

Is there any point to using indicator update intervals shorter than the time frame selection?

Thx,

Steve

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:48:11 PM

Worden Trainer

Prices come into StockFinder Platinum in full streaming realtime. So the price data is getting constantly updated even if the time frame is set to 1 minute, 1 hour or daily.

The update interval for the individual indicators makes a bigger difference as the indicator will only check for new data at those intervals.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
SDRODIMER
Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:04:19 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Bruce,

OK -- I think I saw that with the numerical values displayed on the right end of a volume chart.  At the time a minute rolls over to begin the next bar, volume starts at zero and then accumulates to the final value which is displayed when the end of the bar interval time frame has elapsed.

Thx,

Steve

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:08:33 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles