Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Directional Movement Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jbush59
Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:04:57 PM

Can you write a formula for +D 9 crossing up thru 35 and  -D 9 crossing up thru 35. Also since stockfinder will no longer work on my computers running XP is there a list of formulas or tutorial somewhere I can see that can show operators and Indicators. This was easy to do in Stockfinder. Not easy to do in TC2000. Thank.s

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:55:14 AM

Worden Trainer

I wouldn't try to create Personal Criteria Formulas in TC2000 unless you absolutely have to for some reason.

You can create conditions directly from the chart in TC2000 just like in StockFinder. Basically you plot the indicator on the chart and then click on it's label and then on Create Scan Condition.

Create Conditions from Your Chart (5:25)

For + Di crossing up through 35 you just click on the label for the Directional Movement Indicator and then on Create Scan Condition. In the window that comes up you can click on the Condition drop and choose either +Di Crossing up Value or -Di Crossing up Value and set the value to 35. You can then either save and name the condition or add it directly an EasyScan by clicking the appropriate button.

You can use the condition in an EasyScan to scan based on the condition or combine the condition with other conditions.

Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions (7:29)

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles