Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Recent Slowdown in Stockfinder: Stock Lists and Industry Lists Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
anindya_chak
Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:57:47 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

This is to seek opinion of other users -  I have already been thru Tech Support - and basically there was no solution.

What I am finding recently is that my Stockfinder has substantially slowed down on anything that touches a list .

• It started with me first having problems to complete the daily data download itself - it would get stuck every time. The only way to get that to finish is to do multiple aborts of BlocksDownloader to hope it goes thru one time. This is now a staple for the past 3-4 weeks
  • Additionally, of late - there's a TON of downloads/updates on US Stock Industry Lists every other day - I mean the files just go on and on ! Its hard to imagine that Stocks are swtiching industries that often or the new stocks are getting added
  • I realy cant fathom out - if Worden has made a change to the underlying file data structure - if so - its significantly affecting the scan and slowing down things

Currently - any Scan, BAcktest on a large list - or Index Indicators are running excrutiatingly slow!!

Hope someone else noticed and found a solution

TIA!

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:05:11 PM

Worden Trainer

If technical support has not been able to help you, then there certainly isn't going to be anything I'm going to be able to do in the forums. There haven't been any changes at all to StockFinder since the end of 2011, so changes to the underlying code of StockFinder would not be a likely cause. It seems far more likely that something has gone wrong in your particular installation of the program.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
anindya_chak
Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:11:13 PM

What's the best way to wipe and start afresh?

anindya_chak
Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:12:09 PM

I have tried a couple of times - it seems to come back -

Of course - one problem is that - post install - I copy back my profile - which could contain the faulty files?

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:24:22 PM

Worden Trainer

You will need to contact technical support.

I know you have already talked to them, but we do not do technical support in the forums for quite a few reasons. I'll list what I think are the two most important reasons.

The procedures used in technical support are refined over time. A response to a question in the forums is not going to automatically change to reflect these changes.

More importantly, if I post how to fix something in the forums, people will attempt that fix when it is not appropriate. This could just make the actual problem worse and make it more difficult or impossible to fix later.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles